This is my card for today's color challenge. I had to use the equivalent CTMH colors since I don't have much SU paper. This is my story.
1. I made this card for the husband of a fellow SCSer (Etsdas). I hate to admit it but this has been on my list of cards to make since February! I just kept getting side-tracked...go figure!
2. I was so impressed back in February that Mr. Etsdas (I don't know his real name!) took a card making class just so he could make a Valentine's Day card for his wife! Now that is heart warming!
3. I know he likes to fish (her avatar is in front of a lake), I know he likes to cook (always trying new recipies) and I know he likes to travel. (Where do I mail a card to get it to a traveling motor home?)
4. When I mail this I am gonna have to lie to the postmaster when they ask me if there is any dangerous substances in my envelope...Yikes! Be careful Mr. Etsdas!
5. I am adding a link to his Valentine card here so you all can see it and leave a comment....I think he and his card are worthy of lots of comments! He's da man!
Registered: September 18, 2006 Location: SingStampShine, Florida Posts: 53471
Tue, May 29, 2007 @ 5:10 AM
Cindy.....you are SO sweet to think of doing this! This card is perfect! Love all the fisherman stuff, the way you blended all the colors in the bkg, and the softness of the whole thing. (LOL...my fisherman accidentally hooked me in the head last year, so I unfortunately have first-hand knowledge with those dangerous *fly thingys*! Had to go to ER and ended up with 2 stitches!)
Registered: April 20, 2005 Location: The only Eaton Rapids on the Earth, Michigan Posts: 57687
Tue, May 29, 2007 @ 5:24 AM
And you DA WOMAN! This card is so totally cool and manly! You incorporated today's color challenge colors so well; I'm still thinking about how I'm going to fit in Garden Green with the other two. Hmmmm. Did you have to rob your DH's fishing tackle box for all these cool fisherman embellishments? Love your card!
Registered: March 6, 2004 Location: Casa Grande, AZ Posts: 28779
Tue, May 29, 2007 @ 5:37 AM
Oh, my gosh, Mothermark. You are psychic (now I am so flustered I can't spell!) Did you know he is going to have the BIG birthday in about 2 weeks? Maybe I should have just pretended I did not see this but I could not resist the comment. Mr. etsdas is Erling - great Danish name! Right now we are parked overlooking Blue Mesa Reservoir in Colorado. And the fishing has been terrible.