Well, I love reading Mothermark's little stories about making her cards but I never thought I would be telling one too! But, As she would say...this card didn't end up any where near where it started!
So...as Mothermark would say...here is my story:
1. Today is my sisters 58th birthday. I have really been obsessed with quilling ever since VSN so I decided to do that for her card..but I wanted to stamp it too. I decided to used RIW
3. once I had the quilling all done and the centre circle stamped I had to start putting the card together and that is when everything started to go wrong!
4. I decided to use a vellum overlay for the roses and to put the sentiment on...all I had was adhisive backed vellum I got in a storage kit so I decided to use that. I stamped the sentiment in versacolour pink and sprinkled with ep and embossed and put it on the card...had the card put together and the pink didn't stand out enough. . .off to plan B!
5. I took the whole thing apart, redid the embossing in green and put it on the card backwards...hello Murphy's Law!
6. I took the whole thing apart again hoping to turn it around and ripped the vellum...Murphey's Law!
7. I did the vellum embossing again, the dog's barked and I smuged it...and it was my last piece of vellum! I really didn't want to waste the vellum.....so plan "B"
9. I cleaned the vellum with my stazon stamp cleaner and a tissue and stamped it again...sprinkled the ep and it stuck everywhere! Murphey's Law!
10. I was just about to pitch the whole thing when I thought...well I just try embossing it all...which I did...and here is my card!
Date: Monday, May 28, 2007 GMT Views: 683
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59933
Mon, May 28, 2007 @ 2:39 PM
OMG! I love your story....I love your card. I am giggling!
1. Happy birthday to your sister.....she will be so impressed with your quilling!
2. #2 is missing - you are also having a bad day counting! LOL!
3. Get ready....hold on....for the ride of your life!
4. Everybody keeps telling me plan b is a good thing..So that is what I am gonna tell you!
5. SCS is a place we all come for encouragement so in the spirit of that.....sometimes backwards is okay!
6. Ripping vellum is actually a very technical technique...I am sure Beate has a tutorial on it...I am impressed that you were able to accomplish that technique with no schooling!
7. The only thing good about the dog barking was maybe it was Publisher's Clearing House at the door....Yes?
8. #8 is missing, you are still having trouble counting! LOL!
9. Why is it when embossing, the embossing stuff sticks in the spots you don't want it too! I feel your pain!
10. Waa...Laaa! A wonderful birthday card for your sister complete with quilling, stamping, embossing and beauty.
I hope you know this is all in good fun! I love your card, I actually think it is so cool to have the whole panel embossed...Your sister will love it as it was made for her from the heart with love....Wonderful card!
Registered: June 21, 2006 Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado! Posts: 14224
Mon, May 28, 2007 @ 4:17 PM
I second all of what Mothermark said without trying to repeat it!! If it makes you feel any better, most of my cards end up like your plan B without your Bee-u-ti-ful outcome! I hope your sister has a wonderful birthday, and I know she'll love this card made from you! It's really pretty with the embossed panel!