This is my card for today's challenge...Try a new technique.....Wet Watercoloring....This is my story!
1. I got up early this morning, checked the challenge, went to Beate's tutorial and read through it all the while thinking....I can do this and I can use one of my rainbow pad thingys that I've never used!
2. I dinked around for about 15 minutes and then sat down to do my card.
3. I don't have a fine mister so when I sprayed my paper I was concerned about it being too wet...I thought...Oh yeah, I remember reading at some point to let it dry, so I did. (Wrong time to let it dry!)
4. I stamped my images while thinking...how come the ink is not running. My next thought was...Oh yeah....I was supposed to use one of those rainbow pad thingys. (Wrong Ink - Still never used my rainbow pad thingys!)
5. I then remembered you were supposed to re-stamp the images on top of the first one. (I don't need to do that!)
6. It was at this point I realized this was a failed attempt so I started thinking about Plan B. (Once again! I know you guys get sick of hearing about Plan B!)
7. So....I turned to my latest obsession, brayering in versamark and embossing with ultra thick embossing powder.
8. Just pretend this card is wet watercoloring. I remember now why I don't get along with new techniques...Those of you who can remember what you read 15 minutes ago are lucky!
Date: Monday, May 28, 2007 GMT Views: 841
Registered: May 15, 2005 Location: Charlotte, NC Posts: 8065
Mon, May 28, 2007 @ 5:58 AM
Beautiful colors and so shiny! You always manage to turn lemons into lemonade or limes into margaritas using your plan B's. I'd be down to plan M or farther down the alphabet before I'd get something to turn out as nice as yours do.