This card is for the Ways To Use it Challenge 111 - using acetate.
I stamped my brand new Stampendous flower on a transparency using black stazon. After it dried, I turned it over and put Patina Stickles on. This is such a pretty colour - it really does look like copper patina. There's also a blob of crystal stickles in the centre.
After it dried, I cut it out, and went to work on the rest of the card. I had the BasicGrey Stella Ruby paper in mind because I seem to be on a bit of a Sage Shadow kick, and it goes with the Patina stickles. I stamped the sentiment in Teal pigment ink, and mounted it on Handsome Hunter. The background paper is Stella Ruby, stitched on my sewing machine, and the edges of the large piece are inked for a bit of definition. I had to cut off some of the darker bits of the Stella Ruby, so I stippled back some colour on the bottom. The flower is stuck down with a glue dot. It doesn't really show through the Stickles. I'm pleased with this card, partly because it was a bit of a struggle.
I am heavily indebted to Julia Stainton for this card. I am a big admirer of her work and I have wanted to try a card in the Julia S vein for a while. Although this isn't a case of one particular card, it's in the spirit of many of her creations. Here's a link to her wonderful blog, Belle Papier.
ETA: I decided this card needed something in the bottom corner so I added some flourishes. That seemed to help the balance and I like it better. I might keep tinkering, or maybe I'll just move on to the next project (that's what I love about stamping!)
Date: Friday, May 4, 2007 GMT Views: 1175