This time Amy used a pocket card design which thrilled me, as I was wanting an excuse to make one!
This one is actually a little bigger than her standard design sketch because I gave in and framed it in black after doing the main part without it. Just can't hep myseff. So this probably wouldn't fit in an A4 envelope.
The cardstocks used are black for the biggest piece, then Bravo Burgundy, then a piece of designer paper from the Basic Grey Blitzen collection. The cardstocks used on the pocket insert are black and True Thyme. The word saying on the front is stamped on Naturals Ivory (aka Quest Cover Ivory). The circle/flower thingies use black and True Thyme.
*deep breath* Okay, where to begin? lol This card is so convoluted, I'm not sure what to talk about first! I guess I'll go from back to front.
Nothing to speak of on the black. The burgundy was sponged with Basic Black ink. I used a corner punch on the burgundy cs and the designer paper. The designer paper was tacked very lightly with mono to the burgundy cs and was then sewed on using a zigzag stitch, although my sewing machine's settings must be a bit off - technically, the stitch isn't quite right. Nonetheless, it did look pretty cool. I am a major amateur sewer, btw! (Don't you hate that the word "sewer" means such different things, yet we think of the yucky definition when we see it spelled out? lol) Then I ran that sucker part-way through the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles folder and Cuttlebugged it, leaving the top un-Cuttlebugged. heh Finally, I sponged some Basic Black ink on the Cuttlebugged part to emphasize it more.
The piece I created to resemble the "edge" or "lip" of the pocket was made by punching holes with 2 different hole punches in a random fashion on black cs using a 1/4" punch and a 1/16" punch. I adhered that to a slightly smaller piece of True Thyme cs and mounted that onto the pocket with Dimensionals and a bit of Diamond Glaze for extra strength.
For the word phrase feature, I stamped the Canvas background stamp in True Thyme ink on the Naturals Ivory cs and then stamped the "Love is a Fruit" stamp by Stampabilities in Basic Black ink on top of that. I mounted it on black cs and used a 1/16" hole punch on the corners to allow for some antique copper mini-brads to be affixed. I mounted the whole thing on the front of the card with Dimensionals adhered with Diamond Glaze.
To view a close-up of the circle features, go here:
For the circle features to the right, I used 4 punches: a larger circle, a larger flower, a smaller flower, and the 1/16" hole punch to put the mini-brads through. Honestly, the tiny hole punch was hard to use on such tiny objects. So I ended up using the tip of my x-acto knife to make the hole. I adhered these with Dimensionals and Diamond Glaze. You might notice a pattern on the True Thyme cs I punched out. That was from a cardstock scrap that had some stamping on it from the Canvas and Print Pattern stamps. I thought the look would be more interesting rather than just punching out of a plain, unstamped piece of cardstock.
For the pocket insert, I stamped with the Canvas stamp in True Thyme ink. Then I used the solid flower stamp from Love without End and the tiny word stamps from Amazing to Zany to decorate the surface. The letters for Jesus's name are from CTMH's Storytime Uppercase and Lowercase sets.
I cut a half circle in the True Thyme part of the insert by holding a circle punch upside down and positioning the punch where I wanted the half circle to be. Then I punched a double rectangle in the black and cut out the center with my x-acto knife so I'd have a larger rectangle with which to insert the ribbons. The ribbons are black organdy, blue grosgrain, and olive grosgrain with lines stitched up the middle.
I think that's everything! Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!
Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 GMT Views: 1222