Iíve seen circular card themes and always wanted to try it myself. So I decided to use one of the Riveting circle images as my jumping off point. The sitting frog from Unforgettable seemed like a good choice for going around the circle.
(On a side note, normally, the sitting frog has a heart image hovering over its head. I divided the frog stamp up so I wouldnít have to block the heart image. I attached the heart to the side of the stamp. It will be far more useful to me without the heart. Thatís right, folks, my frog has no heart! ;D )
This card measures 5&3/4Ē width and height. If you want it to fit in a smaller envelope, adjust the size of the background accordingly.
If you look closely at my froggy circle, youíll see I made some boo-boos. But as much work as it was to get the stamping and coloring done, Iíll live with a few imperfections! Iím working on not trying to be so anal about that sort of thing. ;)
I began by stamping the Riveting circle stamp in Basic Black ink on a big piece of white cardstock. Then, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, I positioned a frog below and directly above the circle. Then amazingly, I was easily able to position 2 frogs on either side pretty much the same distance apart.
Once I got the frogs stamped I went to work picking colors. At that point I hadnít decided anything yet, just winged it. I knew I wanted some standard colors, but I chose the more secondary versions of red, yellow, blue and green, and threw in purple and orange for good measure. I used the Prismacolor/Gamsol technique and then added dimension by shading each frog with a color not far from its color on the color wheel. In other words, I shaded the pink frog with a rosy red. I shaded the green frog with an aqua blue. I shaded the blue frog with purple and the purple frog with a dark blue. The yellow frog was shaded with orange.
The frustrating thing with Prismacolors is I canít erase them if they go outside the lines. Iím not aware if thereís a PC eraser. Anyone know?
After coloring the frogs, I used a circle cutter and cut them out leaving a bit of white space around the edges. Then I mounted it on black and cut the circle size I wanted and then edged it with pinking scissors just for fun. I decided that the background would be pink and chose Pink Passion cs as the closest match. On the Pink Passion cs, I used a couple of the circle stamps from Simply Circles and stamped them in VersaMark ink, and used the Inkworx air art gun and the Basic Black marker for the splotches. Then I mounted the circle feature onto the Pink Passion using Dimensionals and then mounted that on the black. I added a black gingham ribbon as an accent.
To add a little more pizzazz to the overall look, I again stamped the Riveting circle on a scrap of white cardstock and punched out the center with a ĹĒ circle punch. Then I punched the outside of the circle with a 1&1/4Ē circle punch. I colored in the lines with a black Prisma pencil and adhered it to the center of the circle with mini Pop Dots. Then I stamped the Riveting stamp yet again on Pink Passion cs and punched out the middle and adhered it with mono to the center of the Riveting image below the raised version. That kept the continuity of the Pink Passion background going.
Hope that made sense.
To see a close-up of the circle, visit my blog here:
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending sticks, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Basic Black marker, Inkworx air art gun, Pinking scissors, Dimensionals, mini Pop Dots, black gingham ribbon, ĹĒ circle punch, 1&1/4Ē circle punch, circle cutter