Welcome back Roxie! Here is my card for today's sketch challenge. Here is my story:
1. March 28, 2007 - The day I discovered I don't do rustic!
2. It's all about the rope. I received this image and the awesome leathery background paper from two fellow SCSers. Ever since I got them I have been searching high and low for the perfect piece of rope and settled on this one. I have seen so many awesome western cards with rope on them and I was determined. I spent all morning trying to work the rope into my card. I guess I don't do rope either.
3. Plan B - It took me 15 minutes (at least) to get the little rope to stand up like that for the picture.
4. When my husband came up to take the picture he said that little rope thing looks stupid in there. I said the rope is staying if it is the last thing I do on the face of this earth, take the picture. Notice that he missed most of the rope!
5. This card is for my father....he rode alot and was always all about hat bands with conchos on them. At least I got that part worked in.
6. If you don't leave a comment on this card, I am okay with that, it's totally fine......but please leave a comment about the rope!!!
Thanks DawnL and Golly for your help with this card!
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 GMT Views: 1965
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Stamp Like You Mean It
Registered: March 24, 2006 Location: Posts: 38852
Wed, Mar 28, 2007 @ 5:54 AM
How can you go wrong with this cowboy?! LOL This is a great card- the rope is ok, but your coloring of the cowboy gear is fantastic! I always have trouble coloring this one. You did an outstanding job! TFS
------------------------------ Pat Smethers
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11