This is my card for yesterday's challenge - use glossy paper....This is my story:
1. I used glossy paper for no other reason than to participate in the challenge.
2. I have been wanting to make this card for my friend, our accountant at work so she can begin her countdown to the end!
3. The wooden spool is one that ribbon comes on at Michaels, the adding machine tape holder is a huge paper clip with part of it cut off.
4. There is a magnet under the calendar and the little round dollar sign is a magnet so that she can move the dollar sign as the days go by getting her to happier times!
5. She will think it is a dollar sign, but you and I know it is really an S. S is for:
Registered: September 17, 2004 Location: Maine coast Posts: 396
Fri, Mar 23, 2007 @ 5:41 AM
Give it to her -- I worked for a CPA firm the last 3 years and know firsthand the Stresses of tax season! I no longer work for them and am enjoying the freedom this year ...
Nice card -- they will both appreciate it.
Registered: April 4, 2006 Location: Boxertown USA, IL Posts: 53276
Fri, Mar 23, 2007 @ 5:59 AM
Oh my gosh. Did you stay up all night thinking this card up? It is fantastic. You have so much creativity that I am sure it is oozing out your pores. You did a fantastic job. The spool hanging on the paper clip is just brilliant. I think give it to her. She needs this to make her smile. She will look at it every morning and think I am one day closer.
Registered: August 4, 2006 Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team. Posts: 33787
Fri, Mar 23, 2007 @ 6:01 AM
Very creative and very original. I think the card is appropriate for either one - your friend or her boyfriend. I am a CPA working my 9th tax season! I would love to receive a card like yours. It brought a smile to my face. It's going into my favorites.
Just had a thought tho...tax season won't end until April 17th this year. :-( They added two more days, because the 15th is Sunday and Monday is a holiday (one of the service centers is located in an area that observes this holiday and that's a day off work for everyone in that area). If you want, you could marker in 16 and 17 as you did 15.
Thanks for sharing. I'm certain your friend will appreciate the card and the thought behind the card.
------------------------------ Melissa COW PIES...everything we create is Moo-valous
Join me for two brand spanking NEW SCS Challenges. Life in Pockets - PKP002 - every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. Word Of The Year - WOTY001 - monthly challenge you to get creative with your word.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...