When the color combination challenge was posted this week, I liked the colors, but I didn't know where to start with them, so I waited for the sketch challenge to see if the card layout would inspire me. When I started to look through my stamps for an image that would fit in a diamond, I started with my newest sets, and I came to Natural Beauty right away. Natural Beauty's single flower wants to be in a square!
I had planned on using carribean or celery for the card base, but the card told me it wanted to be the darker eggplant. The points of the diamonds got lost in the photograph, but they stand out quite well in real life.
I watercolored the flowers with ink pads and an aquapainter. I used my new cuttlebug embossing folder for some texture. I sponged eggplant ink on all layers.
Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 GMT Views: 1341