I made this Valentine mailbox for my sister. It's hard to see on the front, but there is a silver "N" for her first initial and also a matching flower like the one on the flag. Filled it with her fav, dark chocolates!
Postscript added a couple hours later: It's a good thing I love my puppy.....she must have smelled the chocolate inside because when I got home from going to pick up my DD just now (gone about 15 minutes) this cute little box was ripped to shreds -- the door was ripped off and the rickrack and back cover -- the side paper is torn and the flag is all bent up. And of course there are no chocolates to be found - not even the foil wrappers. Needless to say, I will be making something else to send my sis. And don't worry about my puppy eating chocolate and getting sick. This has happened before and she has a stomach of steel, I think...... :(
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2007 GMT Views: 738
Registered: December 5, 2004 Location: Posts: 3682
Sat, Feb 03, 2007 @ 5:55 PM
Bummer...is the dog still alive? I think I'd be tempted to wring it's neck if it destroyed my creation AND ate the chocolate! LOL! My dog once dug through a box of Christmas presents, pulled out the wrapped box of chocolate cherries, and ate all of them. Never got sick! I'm wondering if it's a myth.