I needed to come up with quick gift card holders for the last holiday boutique I'm participating in... and I needed envelopes with them, too.
1) Double-sided designer paper from the Holiday Mini (cut to 4.25" wide by 10.5 to 11" long; scored at 4" and 8.25").
2) All corners were rounded with the corner-rounder punch.
3) Gift Card Holder piece is from US Vanilla (3.50" wide by 3.25" high and slot punched with Word Window punch <slot's vertical center line is .50" from right edge; end's of slot are 3/8" from top & bottom edges>). Stamp US Vanilla as desired. Apply adhesive to back of US Vanilla around the perimeter only... then adhere to opened holder's middle section.
4) Embellish closure as desired and add a velcro closure. I layered brushed gold CS circle, a smaller circle of glossy black CS, and an 'ornament add-on' (here's the page where I ordered from: http://shop.gartnerstudios.com/produ...5&catid=47 ... they come from Gartner Studios and are called 'add ons').
5) This is a standard A2 envelope... and I've used JulieHRR's trick for putting 4.25" square cards into A2 envy and it won't slosh around (or require additional postage like square envelopes do). JulieHRR's instructions for this are on her blog here: http://papertrufflez.typepad.com/pap...cks/index.html
Date: Sunday, December 10, 2006 GMT Views: 1183