This is for the Technique Challenge #81 - Don't Be So Sooty. I didn't have any acrylic spray so I used hairspray. It did make the soot puddle as Debi suggested it might. (And she didn't want us to ask her how she knew that.) But it worked and the soot was sealed once it had dried. I decided with the particular images I used I really liked the "puddled" look as it sort of mirrored the leapard print. However to avoid the puddles, Beth suggested doing several very light coats of the hairspray.
Date: Monday, September 11, 2006 GMT Views: 718
Registered: April 20, 2006 Location: Michigan's Upper Peninsula Posts: 34752
Mon, Sep 11, 2006 @ 9:45 AM
Very cool -- nice to see you playing again!!! I've never been nuts about this technique -- but I would like to try -- I'm seeing some intersting things here -- you created a very intersting image with the palm and cat!!!