Cased this idea, but decided to make some for holiday gift card giving. Put a small paper pocket on the inside of the purse to slide in a gift card. I can't remember where I saw these, but thank you for the fun idea!
Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 GMT Views: 1287
Registered: July 9, 2006 Location: Sunny NC Posts: 0
Tue, Sep 05, 2006 @ 7:51 PM
Sorry everyone, been looking for the directions, and when I find them, I will post to this photo, so check back again.
Registered: March 18, 2004 Location: Posts: 86
Mon, Oct 09, 2006 @ 10:18 AM
Here is directions from Melsewel
Ok...so I copied these instructions from here on this site somewhere...so forgive me for not giving due credit... =)
Adorable Envelope Purses
The first time I did these, I had a mess. I was licking the envelope shut. Do not do that. =)
It is one of those projects that when you see it done it makes perfect sense but when you go by directions only, it’s a tad more difficult to figure out. (Thus another benefit of hosting a Stampin’ Up workshop!) J
They really are VERY simple and very fast to do. I promise!
1. Stamp both sides of envelope (can be any size, I used a tad larger than SU's medium size) I used the “Love Swirls” wheel and pixie pink ink and that makes it SO fast! (pg. 238)
2. Open flap on envelope.
3. Score the 2 sides and bottom 1/2"-3/4" it is your choice. ( I did 3/4" )
ALL SCORES MUST BE THE SAME WIDTH! (Larger folds for larger envelopes) You can use your paper scoring blade, or just the Stampin’ Stylus (pg. 227 in the catalog)
4. Fold scores both directions to make a strong crease.
5. Put hand inside envelope and push the sides in like gussets and flatten the bottom.
6. You will have 2 small triangles in the bottom corners. Fold them under and tape (mini glue dots work perfect I’ve found!)
7. Fold the envelope flap over on the top (part you would lick to seal) and put a mini glue dot at the V closure to keep it shut. I also put a glue dot on one of our pastel buttons.
8. Punch 2 half-circles at the top and thread a piece of ribbon through the holes and knot each end on the inside.(I used the Stampin’ Up white organdy ribbon (pg. 232) and “wheeled” that in the same “Love Swirls” to match my purse!
9. Fill purse with candy, gift card, nail polish, lipstick, etc etc. Have fun!