These are my CASED versions of the purse card boxes demonstrated at convention. I used the double rectangle punch on both - one to string the ribbon around in the single handle version and the other to secure the ribbon handles, instead of using brads. Enjoy!
Date: Saturday, August 19, 2006 GMT Views: 2158
thanks for all your comments - here are the directions for the boxes:
1. Start with 8 ½ x 11 cardstock.
2. Stamp one side of cardstock as desired.
3. Score along 8 ½ side at 1 3/8 and 7 1/8. (these dimensions are the width of the box)
4. Score along 11 side at 4 ½ and 6 ½.
5. Fold in on all score lines.
6. Cut on score lines in center of box.
7. Adhere box using Sticky Strip.
1. 1 x 11 cardstock.
2. Adhere with S.N.A.I.L. and brads.
For ribbon handle:
1. (2) 21 pieces of ribbon.
2. Punch two holes on bottom of purse using eyelet setter. (A handheld punch wont reach.)
3. Put ribbon together (side-by-side) and thread through one of the holes. Make a knot, but be sure to only leave a small portion of the ribbon after the knot.
4. Do the same with the other end of the ribbon.
5. Pull each piece up on each side of the box and adhere with S.N.A.I.L. and/or brads.
For the pink box I had posted, I adhered the handles with Snail, then used the double rectangle punch to thread and knot another piece of ribbon to secure the handles.