Moving on to my second Easter card that I found in my "TO DO" box: a previously finished card from a 2018 class card. When I got home from class, I separated the layers with my trusty spatula (OLD Cricut spatula), because I knew I wanted to elaborate on the card when I had time and I didn't want the glue tape to set. The pieces ended up stashed in my "Need to Finish...TO DO" box and promptly forgotten! The original card's design credit goes to Dar Peterson, one of my two SU demonstrator duo.
I got out all the pieces and my photo of the original to see if I could remember what I wanted to do different. My changes do not really change the original design look too much, but adds a bit more sparkle and elegance, I think, with more Gold Foil added. I enlarged the card to a 4-3/4" x 6" card from an A2 by making a larger new white card base, adjusting the Blackberry Bliss larger (I used the original for an inside card layer), and cut and inserted a Gold Foil layer before adding the top white embossed card front layer. I also added a Gold Foil scalloped oval below the multi-color stitched dsp layer.
I was really please with the foil additions as it dressed up this lovely card even a bit more by adding more eye-catching metallic sparkle that coordinates with the gold filigree cross. Now, here's the rub! I forgot to take a photo of my remodel before popping it in the post for mailing! All I got to say is...woe is me, sigh! I bid you to use your imagination to envision how those changes looked as this is a photo of the original design!
In my search for possible challenges, I came up with the 12 listed below:
1) AOCC22 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ April 2022 - 4/1/22. An ongoing/monthly challenge that encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to help you complete and mail your cards more timely! A much needed Easter card for my youngest daughter and her family.
2) USEIT2022 - Use It Challenge/ April 2022 - 4/1/22. An ongoing/ annual challenge that requires you to use OLD/ DUSTY and long unused items and/or OLD/NEW items purchased, never used, and seemingly forgotten!
OLD--all SU: Crosses of Hope Framelits; Duet Banner punch; Stitched Shapes Dies. NEW/OLD: Petal Burst EF--purchase-10/30/17; 1/4" White Organza Ribbon--purchase-3/19/18.
3) WT888 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ It's Gold - 3/17/22. Challenge: Even though is challenge is on St. Patrick's Day, we are focusing on the Gold at the end of the rainbow. Make your card using lots of GOLD...green is okay, but not necessary. It does not need to be a St. Patrick's Day card. I've brought on all the gold in the BG layering, oval scallop layer, and Gold filigree cross.
4) ABC16H8 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 16/ Letter H=Holiday - 1/5/22. Challenge: card must be represented by a Holiday for letter H. My holiday is Easter.
5) DDSKETCH1021 - Monthly Fan Club--October 2021/ Tickled Pink - 10/15/21. Challenge: Theme--Think pink...any style of card. Idea--Pull out all things pink!: inks, embellishments, ribbon, etc. My card fits the pink theme because is uses pink and all hues surrounding pink on the Color Wheel...light to dark. I tweaked the sketch by using an oval instead of a diamond for my image and a banner shape instead of a narrow rectangle for my sentiment.
6) Wednesday Tutorial - Color Wheel - 7/21/21. Challenge: Learn & apply color wheel knowledge for an eye-catching combination. Okay, I think I understand this (?). My color combination fits what is known as Split Complimentary. This means that it applies the Analogous use of color, which are those hues that are side by side on the color wheel...mine are the Blackberry Bliss cardstock layer and most of the colors in the multi-colored dsp. The split comes in by jumping across the Color Wheel to the Complimentary hue section in the yellows and oranges, which is represented by the Gold Foil and any yellows and oranges in the multi-colored dsp. I can't says that I'm really comforting trying to explain how the colors fit the Color Wheel...I usually just go with what is pleasing to my eye!
7) MMTPT668 - Teapot Challenge/ Give It Dimension - 5/11/21. Challenge: Add Popping, layering, and other textures. I've added all three to my card: my oval cross layers and sentiment are popped; I have background layering in four layers, plus the addition of the ovals and cross; and I've added embossing card front texturing, plus the cross filigree.
IC782 - Inspiration Challenge/ Traditions - 11/28/20. Challenge: Browse the website and/or Pinterest challenge links and find card inspiration in pictures, color, theme, etc. Tell what inspired you. This Red Glass Cross Ornament was my inspiration.
9) MIX400 - Mix-ability Challenge/ 9 to 5 - 9/25/20. Challenge: The title brings to mind the movie and the song. Use inspiration in photo colors, theme, or song lyrics. I found this song ï¿½eoeHow Deep the Father's Love for Us" the perfect inspiration. I played two versions by the same artist, Stuart Townsend, while busy making my card. The first with its pictures also brought awesome inspiration: Then, I found this second version also by Stuart: . The second has vocal background accompaniment and is a BEAUTIFUL sound, but there are no pictures only song lyrics. If I had my druthers, I'd put the pictures to the second vocal presentation! Both versions are worth listening too! My mediums: chalk or pigment ink (edge distressing), dye-ink (sentiment stamping), computer ink: inside verse).
10) FS700 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Is She Really a NitWit? - 7/5/20... (aka Mary Fran NWC). I really enjoy Mary Fran's gallery. I found this card for its color inspiration: Tapestry of Christmas! I kept the spirit of the overall color look, but applied it to an Easter card without flowers and changed her label shape to a scallop & oval.
11) F4A511 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Any Holiday Except Christmas - 12/6/19. I made an Easter card.
12) CAS529 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Easter Celebrations - 4/15/19. Challenge: Create an Easter card or spring flowers.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up: Cardstock--Blackberry Bliss, Basic White, Gold Foil. Pattern--Painted with Love Specialty dsp (2018 Occasions). Stamps--You're Inspiring (sentiment); Easter Promise (inside verse). Dies--Cross of Hope Framelits (2018 Occasions/ 2018-19 AC); Stitched Shapes Dies (oval). Petal Burst EF (2018 AC). Other: Brilliance Chalk ink--Gingerbread. Ribbon scrap.