I wanted to send my Mom a little thank you card just to let her know how much I appreciate her and how thoughtful she always is. I thought she would enjoy this quick, easy and cheerful card as she has also been under the weather a bit with a nasty cold! This was an unfinished card started back in 2016 in my "To Do stash. It was time it was finished and put to good use! Before getting started, I search my Challenge List to see what might fit my card idea and/or find inspiration. I found 13 challenges that fit, listed below:
1) S2S22JAN - Save to Stamp (aka Stamp to Support One Another)/ Colourful & Cheerful - 1/1/22. My card is colourful and cheerful. I am breaking the nursing home recipient, and hopefully it is okay! Reason #1: I don't have a nursing home near us, and second, my Mom is 96, lives alone in another state, and Covid has really isolated her these past two years. She has severe asthma and recently has been bedridden with bronchitis, which after four weeks, my sister and I do not think she's going to end up with pneumonia...thank heavens! Anyway, Mom has been very helpful to me for the past six months helping me get Stampin' Up products since I resigned my demonstratorship. I think she deserves this So Sweet thank you card to thank her, cheer her up, and get a little something delightful in her mail box! I'm hoping this is an acceptible exchange...she is a very old person, alone, but just not in a nursing home.
2) AOCC22 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ January 2022. An ongoing/monthly challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to help you complete and mail your cards more timely! This is a much needed thank you card for my Mom!
3) USEIT2022 - Use It Challenge/ January 2022. An ongoing/ annual challenge that requires you to use OLD/ DUSTY and long unused items and/or OLD/NEW items purchased, never used, and seemingly forgotten! My OLD item(s): 2016 stamp (Honeycomb Happiness), Stamp Write markers, Scalloped Scallops punch. My OLD/NEW items: Perfectly Artistic dsp, Duck Tape Rainbow Glitter, Savvy Die: Thank You Cursive. I just opened these and used them for the first time.
4) WORD0721 - Fan Club Monthly Themes--July 2021/ Come Fly With Me - 7/15/21. Something that flies...mine is a helium-filled balloon. My card is for the WORD = SOAR Challenge. My first-letter elements are: S=Stamp/So Sweet; O=Overlay (duct tape covers cardstock), Offset left, Offset right (chick position, balloon position), Over-the-edge (balloon position); A=abstract pattern paper, adhesives; R=Ribbon, Rainbow Glitter Duct Tape, Ribbed ribbon.
5) WT842 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ All Taped Up - 4/29/21. Use some type of tape on your card...I used Duct Tape for my balloon!
6) IC759 - Inspiration Challenge/ Children's Book Illustration Board - 6/20/20. Here is my inspiration: Little Chick!
7) CC787 - Color Challenge/ Pink Macaron with a Bit of Saffron - 4/14/20. Petal Pink, Mint Macaron, So Saffron. Optional Dessert is congratulations, which I did not do. My colors are very similar but may not be the exact shades.
FS678 - Featured Stamper/ My name is Inigo Montoya - 2/2/20. I chose this inspiration for its layout and design, which I followed but changed everything else...theme, colors, subject, etc.: DTGD21MissBooA Recommended Vitamin C!
9) F4A508 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Thank You--Thankful - 11/15/19. My thank you card is for my 96-year old spry Mom, whom I'm most thankful for!
10) ABC11K11 - Alphabet Challenge, Round 11--Letter K for kindness - 5/15/19. My card is a "kindness" to thank my Mom for her kindness.
11) MMTPT535 - That's All, Folks! - 10/23/18. Challenge: a thank you card with an animal. My animal is a chickie bird! I'm late to the party so this will go to my 96-year old young mom, rather than to the animal rescue.
12) CAS468 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Feathered Friends - 2/12/18. Feature a bird...my card gets a little chickie!
13) MIX251 - Mix-ability Challenge/ Mixed Thanks - 11/17/17. A thank you card for Mom. Mediums: dye-based stamping ink, water-base markers, Copic Markers.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 68192
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 @ 7:13 AM
It's adorable, Carlene. I am thinking your mom will love this with the little chick.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda