I needed a get well card for my daughter's long-time friend, who had eye surgery a few days ago. She must remain immobile and face down for up to two weeks during recovery. My daughter will take meals when she visits tomorrow, plus this funny get well card that will help cheer her up.
Needing this get well card tied in nicely with my yen to participate in the Virtual Stamp Night Challenge (VSN), which is December 17 & 18 with a total of approximately 18 challenge all due by December 29. The December theme is a fun one...Let TV Be Your Guide! All challenges will focus on something to do with TV shows in the past or present.
In the past, I've started with the VSN Minis, but something always comes up that prevents me from participating in the entire main event. I hope this time it will be different.
The first VSN Mini Challenge presented by one of the three VSN coordinators who recently had hip replacement surgery and is actually still in recovery. Her hospital stay exposed her to many medical professionals...some cheerful and friendly and some business-focused only. She felt better with more cheer than glum, which encouraged, uplifted, and helped her to recover in body and spirit. This experience led to her challenge to make a humorous get well card, based on the humorous theme of the old 1972 TV show, M*A*S*H, which was about Army doctors who treated Korean War casualties and other personnel in the battlefield surgical center. Strangely enough, it had a lot of comedic humor, helping them be better doctors and helping patients and others as well.
I used a time-saving, pre-colored image adding Copic-coloring in soft green to the BG and sentiment that allowed me to stay within the one-hour cardmaking time limit. I used patterned paper scraps, a pre-cut cardbase and a pre-cut Kraft layer. The sentiment is a Chatterbox creation printed with the computer. See the 14 challenges that I found to fit for my card below:
1) DEC21VSNMINI1 - Virtual Stamp Night Mini Challenges/ "Let TV Be your Guide!" - 11/17/21. Challenge: make a humorous get well card based on patient care with a sense of humor from the 1972 TV show, "M*A*S*H!"
2) AOCC21 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ November - 11/1/21. This was the last card I needed for the VSN Challenge, and it will go to my Get Well stash.
3) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ November 2021 - 11/1/21. This is an ongoing/ annual challenge requiring use of OLD/ DUSTY and long unused items: my OLD stuff has all been hanging around for years...all dsps date back to 2007 and the frog image has been waiting in my computer for a very long time to be used.
4) DDSKETCH0621 - Fan Club Monthly Themes/ June 2021--Jukebox - 6/17/21. Meets central theme with this inspiration song, "Who Let the Frog Out!" Here is a link to a YouTube sound track: . It's a crazy song that doesn't leave your head once you've heard it! Great song for workin' fast to finish your card! My card is for the SKETCH CHALLENGE. Used this basic sketch for layout, adding border layers under card front. Added and popped up the layered square framed frog image, horizontal twine w/ bow, and sentiment fish-tail flag.
5) SC834 - Sketch Challenge - 12/30/20. Sketch Tweak: #1 & #5 are the same dsp. #2 made wider to match #3. #4 made narrower and scalloped on the bottom edge. I also added a square picture overlaying #1, #2, and part of #3. I added a sentiment flag overlaying part of #4 & #5.
6) MIX398 - Mix-ability Challenge/ Healing - 9/11/20. Challenge: use humor to lift the spirits of a friend. This will be a get well card for my daughter's long-time friend, full of lots of humor. Mediums: pigment ink/ ink distressing, Copic markers.
7) IC758 - Inspiration Challenge/ Kawaii Pen Shop - 6/13/20. This is my inspiration for my frog card: PuniLabo Stand Pen Case!
ABC12A13 - Alphabet Challenge/ Letter A - 12/4/19. My card's letter A = Amphibian frog).
9) CAS556 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Florence Nightingale--Get Well Soon - 10/21/19. Challenge: make a get well card in honor of nurses who went to the Crimean War in 1854.
10) FS647 - Featured Stamper/ JaneenK - 6/30/19. Here is the card I chose to be inspired by: WCW003 jkt froggin' around! Janeen's funny little frog inspired the frog idea on my card. The focal point of my card is a frog. Difference on my card: colors, layout, theme...here's is about coffee mine if a humorous get well.
11) S2S19R - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Nurses - 5/9/19. Challenge: put a nurse on your card or create a get well card.
12) MMTPT533 - Teapot Challenge/ Laugh It Up - 10/9/18. Challenge: Make a funny card for someone with a broken leg. I'm late to the party, so this card will be used for a long-time family friend who just had some serious eye surgery.
13) F4A425 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Encourage Wellness! - 4/13/18. Challenge: make a get well card...don't use a command-type sentiment. If it says Get Well...it sounds like you are demanding the person to get well.
14) WT654 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ School Days - 9/21/17. Challenge: show something on your card that can be found in a classroom. Frogs are often found in a biology class being dissected!
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario, Canada Posts: 50775
Sat, Dec 04, 2021 @ 5:25 AM
Carlene, you are amazing. I don't know how you keep track of all those challenges from the past and use them to create each separate card. Your sick frog s very humorous, and coloured so well. A great card to cheer someone up.
"Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land." Psalm 85:9
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 68147
Sat, Dec 04, 2021 @ 11:30 AM
Your card is absolutely and is sure to cheer up someone..
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda