I am catching up on some missed birthday cards during my hand surgeries that are for my oldest granddaughter's keepsake box. I needed a card for my sweet girl's birthday number two. She loved the books I gave her featuring Minnie Mouse. Whenever I made a visit, she would pile them haphazardly on my lap and climb up next to me on the couch, jabbering away as she turns the pages. Thus, I thought that this catch-up birthday card would be perfect featuring Minnie Mouse.
In planning my card, I came up with 14 catch-up challenges that this card would fit...see below:
1) AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ May 2021 - 5/1/21. This was a belated birthday card made in May that I'm so happy to have finally finished for my granddaughter's keepsake box.
2) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ May 2021 - 5/1/21. This is an ongoing/ annual challenge requiring you to use old, long unused items gathering dust AND/OR old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! Using: OLD: Swirly Bird & Thoughtful Banners stamps, Pop of Pink dsp, & Bow Builder & Duet Banner punches...all items from 2016.
3) CT0521 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--May 2021/ Family Tree - 5/17/21. For Central Theme challenge interpretation: honor a family member with a special card. This is a belated birthday card in honor of my granddaughter, Callie's birthday #2 and is for her keepsake box. Hand surgeries prevented me from being timely.
4) S2S21MAR - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Pets - 3/2/21. My card features all my granddaughter's favorite pet...Minnie Mouse!
5) MSP34 - MISTI Monthly Mondays--June 2020/ MISTI Pink - 6/1/20. My card is full of MISTI's hot pink color!
6) ABC13BZ2 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 13/ Loving Letters - B & Z - 4/8/20. My Letter B = birthday. My letter Z = Zany...a dressed-up mouse made from swirly circles!
WT744 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Cute Critters - 6/13/19. Disney's Minnie Mouse is always a cute critter!
9) CAS534 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ No Coloring - 5/20/19. Challenge: Add color with stamps, dies, etc. No coloring on blackline images. Minnie is stamped and color added with a punched hot pink bow, plus hot pink dsp.
10) FS639 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Since 2001? Whew! (aka Patsy Waggoner...patstamps2001) - 5/5/19. I picked this card to CASE because of its layout idea: Happy Fourth of July! I kept the basic layout, but changed the theme to a Minnie Mouse little girl's birthday and the colors to suit the new theme. I stamped my focal image rather than using die-cuts. I add more horizontal embellishing and changed the sentiment presentation.
11) MIX319 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ I Wanna Pop - 3/8/19. Challenge: Let's add POP to our cards. I have several POPs...a POP of color with the hot pink in the POP of Pink dsp and the popped-up sentiment.
12) F4A465 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Celebrate Things that Go POP! - 1/18/19. Challenge: show Popping on your card...popcorn, pop-up card, popped balloon, etc. My card has two popped features...the sentiment and the hair bow, plus it uses the POP of Pink dsp. Mediums: dye stamping ink, Copic markers (black color to pearls).
13) SC718 - Sketch Challenge - 10/10/18. Sketch Tweaking: Added a third circle and turned them into a mouse head; added horizontal embellishments at division between #1 & #4; added sentiment to negative space of #4.
14) MMTPT513 - Teapot Challenge/ An Honorary Teapotter - 5/22/18. Challenge: 12-yr. old, Arabella, loves Disney World. I'm playing my "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking, so this card made with a Disney-related, Minnie Mouse, whom you might see wandering around Disney World. It is also a belated birthday card for my little granddaughter, as I was not able to get her second birthday card made because of hand surgery.