Father's Day was just around the corner at the time I started making my cards needed. When I received my May 2021 Paper Pumpkin - Batter Up, it was all about baseball, and I knew I just had to use this kit for my Father's Day cards. Our neighborhood team is the Seattle Mariners, and the kit colors were mostly NOT Mariner colors, with the exception of some die-cut items in blue tones and very pale gray texture toning. Since I would be making my own alternative card designs, I was able to add my own papers and colors to match our team colors.
While planning my card designs, I was able to find 13 challenges to fit from old to fairly new. The challenges are listed below:
1) WORD0621 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--June 2021/ Jukebox! - 6/15/21. My theme interpretation is from the song: "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." My WORD elements used for SONG are: S=stars, slate (CS color), Smokey Slate ink, Seattle Mariners; O=overlay (baseball die-cuts); N=navy (CS color); G=green (CS color), glue. OR for LIMB are: L=layered; I=ink; M=Mariners, MFT Wood Plank BG stamp; B=baseball, ball, bat, baseball hat, Balmy Blue ink (hat stamped).
2) AOCC21 - June - 6/1/21. This was one of three cards needed for Father's Day.
3) FS747 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ You'll Definitely Want to See More...aka DianeMalcor - 5/30/21. I enjoyed Diane's fun gallery full of cards and scrapbook pages. I found two cards that inspired me in designing my first baseball card: First, Wooden Bloom! I liked the look of the woodgrain BG. Second, Outlined Stars, which I like for its layout. From the Wooden Bloom, I kept the woodgrain BG in a different color, but not the flower or the color scheme as I changed my theme to baseball with Seattle Mariner team colors. From Outlined Stars, I kept a modified version of the horizontal panel, but with a baseball theme, not stars, and again, a different color scheme.
4) MIX433 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ One for the Boys - 5/14/21. Make a masculine card. Mediums: dye ink (stamping), Copic colored (stars), Wink of Stella-Clear (hat), pigment ink (edge distressing).
5) MSP43 - Misti Monthly Mondays--March 2021/ It's Easy Being Green - 3/1/21. Challenge: create a card using green in honor of St. Paddy's Day, but it doesn't have to be a St. Paddy's Day card. My green is for the Seattle Mariners baseball team green color.
6) MMTPT656 -Teapot Challenge/ A Perfect Pair - 2/16/21. Challenge: Include 2 of something on your card. I have two bats. Playing challenge catch-up cardmaking, my card for my son to celebrate him on Father's Day.
USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ June 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! Old/new items used: ...Regal 6x6 dsp pack purchased in 2019...finally opened and used a sheet from the pack; Itty Bitty Epoxy Accents purchased in 2015 and finally opened/ used.
9) F4A548 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Labor Day Weekend - 8/21/20. Show something you'd like to do on Labor Day or a past memory of the day. I'm showing what my son has done and would like to do for Labor Day as the card is for him...go to a Mariners baseball game!
10) ABC13M13 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 13/ Loving Letters...Letter M - 6/24/20. Theme, objects, animals, colors, or etc. must start with letter of week. My Letter M = Mariners...it's all about my son loving the Mariners! (Card shows the team colors).
11) S2S20JUN - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Say Something Nice - 6/4/20. Make a card that says something nice, amazing, fantastic, etc. about the recipient and actually send your card. My card is for Father's Day for my son, and it says he is an "all star" Dad!
12) WT751 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Sports! - 8/1/19. My card's sport is baseball!
13) CAS510 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Wood You, Could You, With Wood - 12/13/18. My card features a wood plank background.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Night of Navy, Smokey Slate, Tranquil Tide (inside). Patterned Paper--Regals 6x6 dsp-Shaded Spruce (2019-20). Ink--Tranquil Tide, Smokey Slate, Balmy Blue (hat stamping). Paper Pumpkin/June 2021--Batter Up! Kit--stamps, baseball, bats, All Star die-cut. Stars--Itty Bitty Epoxy Accents (Copic colored Dk. Green). Journal Pen-Black (hat markings). Other: MFT Stamp--6x6 BG--Wood Plank. Papertrey die--To Die for Sentiments/-Happy Father's Day (inside). EK Punch--Victorian Corners. Colorbox--Chestnut Roan (ink distressing). Wink of Stella--Clear. Size--4-3/4x6 inches.
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario, Canada Posts: 49878
Fri, Jul 02, 2021 @ 8:53 AM
Carlene, I really like what you did with that paper pumpkin. I ordered 2 bixes, because I thought it might include other summer sports. My grandkids are into lacross, soccer, and water sports, but not baseball.
I love how you grouped the elements on the center strip. The three gold stars really play up the sentiment. An awesome male card.
"Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land." Psalm 85:9