This is another card fashioned during my January New Year's resolution binge cardmaking marathon and was a card kit originally designed by Dar Peterson that I CASEd. I was so happy with the end results that I resolved to go back and make more of my version of the design at a later date. I finished a total of seven replicas for my card stash, I started my extras in April, and I just finished the last three at the end of May!
While making these last seven cards for my stash card, I was able to find 16 catch-up challenges that they fit. Two challenges are a little more current...the WT and MIX challenges. The MIX and FS challenges motivated me to add the Copic-colored sequins as stamens to my last three cards...just a minor addition for more dimension and sparkle.
1) MIX435 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ Liquid Metals - 5/28/21. This challenge requires you to use something that is liquid and metallic. I have used Acrylic Glitter Glaze (white metallic sheen), Copic markers, and stamping ink, plus gold metallic foil.
2) AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ May 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! I set that I needed at least 6 Christmas card each month and made all 6 in this same design.
3) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ May 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! I've had my gold foil and metallic-edged ribbon in my stash since they were first offered by Stampin' Up...at least two years ago. I bought my Poinsettia Place stamps/ dies in July 2020 and finally opened it in April to start my extra seven cards for my stash.
4) WT838 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Graduation/ Congratulations (GRAD) - 4/1/21. Challenge: make a graduation or congratulations card, but if those don't work for you...make a card that uses materials that start with the letters in GRAD. I have chosen the third option of using the GRAD materials. My materials are: G=green, gold foil; R=ribbon; A=adhesives (tape gun, liquid glue, dimensionals, glue dots); D=DSP patterned paper, dies.
5) CCC21MAR - Christmas Card Challenge/ March 2021 - Greenery. I've added green to my card in the dsp and in the poinsettia leaves.
6) MSP40 - Misti Monthly Mondays--December 2020/ My Favorite December Card - 12/1/20. Choose a card you've made that is your favorite. Playing challenge catch-up, this is my favorite Christmas card made of all those made during my January Christmas card marathon.
7) SCSCCAUG20 - Fan Club Monthly Christmas Card Challenge/ Yellow - 8/1/120. Challenge: make a Christmas card using yellow!
ABC13GA7 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 13/ Combination Letters G & A - 5/13/20. My letter G = Gold metallic foil and my letter A = Acrylic Glitter Glaze (Sargent Art).
9) F4A507 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Mark My Words! - 11/8/19. Use a word stamp, magazine cut-up words, computer generated words, or your own penmanship...make the quote, sentiment, verse or Psalm the star of the show. I love this sentiment oval and the card just would not be the same without it. (But, I do admit the there are really two show stars...the sentiment and the poinsettia).
10) S2S19CC - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Threading the Needle (post #1736) - 7/25/19. You are challenged to make a card using a needle or thread...use actual stitching, faux stitching, stitched dies, paper piercing, twine, thread, or even a button. I used a stitched oval die on my card.
11) MIM0719 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--July 2019/ Comeback Cards! - 7/15/19. My card meets the theme interpretation by remaking an old poinsettia card from my gallery made in 2016. Here is 2016 version of a poinsettia card: Poinsettia for Christmas! Here is my 2021 poinsettia version: Magic & Wonder At Christmas!
12) SC753 - Sketch Challenge - 6/12/19. Sketch adjusted: The diamond shape is represented by my poinsettia and is shift from left to right on the horizontal band. I also added the oval sentiment to the upper left negative space.
13) IC705 - Inspiration Challenge/ Brown Paper Bag - 6/8/19. I found this inspiration from this illustration #6 is in the metallic gold and poinsettias shaped flowers: Tobago Earrings...Illustration #6.
14) CC727 - Color Challenge/ White Daffodils and Pears - 2/19/19. Use Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, and Pear Pizzazz in your card. I took a few liberties with the colors...especially the green...it is Garden Green instead of Pear Pizzazz and my yellow is So Saffron. But, the White is Whisper White...Yay! I did not choose to do the rhinestone dessert.
15) Tutorial Wednesday - Assembly Line Stamping - 11/18/18. I have completed my additional stash cards in exactly the same manner shown in this tutorial, though I did use my MISTI to line up my stamping.
16) FS597 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ If You Stamp w/Selma... (aka Selma Stevenson) - 7/14/18. It was fun to browse Selma's beautiful gallery just packed with gorgeous cards! I chose this card to CASE: White Poinsettias!. I chose it (of several with poinsettias in her gallery) because of it's Christmas theme, gold metallic foil, and beautiful white poinsettias. Her poinsettia beaded centers inspired me to add sequins to my last three cards and the gold and yellow reminded me of my lovely dsp used. I've used a version of the things that inspired me, but made changes to the layout, the sentiment and its application style, plus added more color layers and a patterned paper background.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66668
Thu, Jun 17, 2021 @ 6:55 PM
Ooh, a gorgeous Christmas card, Carlene. I love seeing this card...Christmas and winter cards are my favorite to make.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda