I needed two sympathy cards for my son to give to one of his long-time friends since high school and his parents. This one is for the parents, who lost their son in an accident in late March. I decided to use the Stampin' Up Feels Like Frost nature scenes paper for both cards in the lavender and purple hues, which has an off-focus almost ethereal look and lends it well to sympathy cards. This version has a vellum overlay over the card front.
Playing my Challenge Catch-up cardmaking, I found 11 challenges that gave me ideas and that I am able to enter, as follows:
1) AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ April 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! I needed two sympathy cards made in April...completed and mailed!
2) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ April 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! I brought out an old die set with dust from 2019...the SU Crosses of Hope framelits, plus two new/ old products purchased in 2018 and never opened and used...the Cottage Cutz sympathy dies and the pearl topper accessory.
3) ABC14T20 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 14/ T = Technique! - 3/3/21. The technique I've used is a die inlay.
4) MIM0920 - Fan Club Monthly Theme - September 2020/ A Walk Outside! - 9/15/20. My card meets the theme interpretation of being inspired by nature using nature photographic dsp as one of the layers. I'm playing the More is More challenge. This is the second and stepped up version of this sympathy card with the vellum overlay addition.
5) CC800 - Color Challenge/ Team Favorites...CC775 - 7/14/20. Use the colors or as close to the colors as you can...Gorgeous Grape, Macaron Mint, and Heather Highland. I used the exact two purples, but the Macaron Mint as displayed in the card nature photo paper, which is the layer just under the top vellum overlay, ranges from mint to medium to darker shades of green.
6) F4A531 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Framed! - 4/24/20. I used an oval framing for my inlaid cross die-cut!
7) WT743 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Come Out 6s! - 6/6/19. I have 6 layers on my card, plus 6 embellishments (5 sequins + 1 pearl).
9) FS624 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ One Look & You'll Swoon aka Marge Yoon - 1/20/19. It was fun to browse the lovely Marg Yoon gallery. Two of her cards gave me great ideas for my card: her purple SSS June 2018 card SSS June 2018 Card Kit 9, and her Cosmos card Cosmos Thanks. I chose these cards for their colors, scallop framing, flowers, vellum, and sequin ideas. I used the purple coloring, flowers, scallop framing, sequins, and vellum overlay ideas. My card uses more layers, a different layout, and a different theme to name a few changes made.
10) MMTPT537 - Teapot Challenge/ Paper Hugs - 11/6/18. I'm playing my Challenge Catch-up cardmaking. The challenge says to make a card that conveys a paper hug for one who lost a loved one. I needed sympathy card for my son, which works for the challenge requirements, as well as using the color purple, which the original teapotter liked as well.
11) CAS478 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ April Spells - 4/23/18. The challenge requires using materials that match at least three of the letters in APRIL. My materials that start with: A=adhesive, accessories (sequins); P=pearl, patterned paper; R=rectangle (card shape); I=inlaid (cross), iridescent sequins; L=layers, lavender.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Night of Navy, Gorgeous Grape, Heather Highland, and Whisper White. Patterned Paper--Feels Like Frost (2019-21 Holidays). Vellum--Translucent. Dies--Crosses of Hope framelits (2018-20 retired). Other: Cottage Cutz Expressions dies. Pretty Pink Posh sequins--Sparkling Clear & Iridescent. Triveni Crafts Pearl Sunflowers-White. EK Corner punch--Victorian. Size: 4-3/4 x 6 inches.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66438
Sat, May 08, 2021 @ 8:46 AM
Beautiful sympathy card, Carlene. Love the cross and the purples.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda