This is another of my January New Year's resolution Christmas cards. It was also another 2019 card kit from one of my Stampin' Up mentors, Dar Peterson, but with added changes and modifications by me.
In playing my "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking, I was able to find 13 challenges that fit, as follows:
1) AOCC21 - All Occasions Card Challenge/ April 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! I set that I needed at least 6 Christmas card each month. This is my first for April 2021.
2) ABC14R18 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 14/ R = Repeat! - 2/17/21. My letter R for Repeat is the candles...an image with candle repeats and rhinestone gem repeats.
3) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ January 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! I'm using a cross-stitch edge framing die that's been lurking in my stash, but never used. I also brought out an unopened 2019 stamp set for the candles and front sentiment.
4) CCC20DEC - Christmas Card Challenge/ December 2020 - Anything Goes. December is catch-up month, so a Christmas card with any theme!
5) S2S20NOV - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Christmas Cards - 11/5/20. You are challenged to make at least 5 cards that support the theme. Playing my Challenge Catch-up, this is my fourth Christmas card design posted.
6) WT815 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Light It Up! - 10/22/20. Add images of light bulbs, lamps, or even candles to your card.
7) SCSCCJUL20 - Fan Club Monthly Christmas Card Challenge/ Color: White - 7/1/20. Use predominately white on your card.
MMTPT609 - Teapot Challenge/ Let's Bring the Light - 3/24/20. I'm playing my "Challenge Catch-up cardmaking building my 2021 Christmas card stash. The challenge theme is to use a type of light on your card, e.g. candles, etc.
9) F4A519 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Circles! - 1/13/20. Add circles to your card in any way you choose. The light from my candles create a circular ray of light around each candle.
10) CAS552 - Clean & Simple Challenge/ Candles - 9/23/19. Add any kind of change, any number, any color.
12) MIX321 - Mix-Ability Challenge/ Tulips, Daffodils, or Pansies, Oh My! - 3/22/19. This challenge requires you to use at least two items on your card that are classified as mediums, plus meet the challenge theme. Put the flower image(s) or colors found in these flowers. I chose the colors. My mediums used are: embossing powder/ gold; Copic markers; stamping ink.
13) FS630 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Let's Make Some Memories...with memorykeeper - 3/3/19. It was fun to browse memorykeeper's lovely gallery. I chose this candle card to CASE: Christmas Card!. I chose this card for its color pallet, poinsettia, candle, and Christmas theme. I kept all three reasons I chose her card, but exchanged the pillar candle for 3 tapers, added vellum and a biblical verse for the sentiment. I also added more color layers, moved my candles from center to a left position.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66662
Thu, Apr 29, 2021 @ 1:19 PM
Beautiful card! Love the candle and, of course, the verse.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda