During COVID, I tried to give myself a little encouragement to get back into my craft room by purchasing some Stampin' Up card kits. I am notorious for seeing an already designed card, when my "edit mode" kicks in, and my brain goes into high gear with ideas of how the card might be changed..."what if you did this or what if you did that"... I needed a kick-start of some kind to make me want to get into my craft room! As a result, I made several cards of my own design with the kit parts to give to friends and family while some sort of mojo was brewing.
This card is one for a special friend and cardmaking buddy.
Whenever I make cards, I'm usually playing my SCS "Challenge Catch-Up" cardmaking as well. In my challenge search, I found 11, mostly old challenges that would work for this birthday card, as follows:
1) AOCC21 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ April 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! This is a dear friend's birthday card much needed and delivered in April!
2) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ April 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or old/ new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! I used three old/ new items lurking in my stash for almost two years: the Made to Bloom card kit, a MemoryBox border die, and a Reverse Confetti stamp, "Beautiful Banners."
3) ABC14S19 - Alphabet Challenge--Round 13/ S = Spring! - 2/21/21. My Spring card is hosted a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers!
4) S2S21FEB - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Sending Sunshine - 2/1/21. You are challenged to make at least 5 cards that support the theme. This is my second "sunshine" card. It challenges you to send a bit on sunshine by using the color yellow, sunset colors, sunny skies, sunshine, the word "SUN", etc. on your card. My card is full of sunny yellow, spring flowers.
5) DINSP0620 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--June 2020/ Good As Gold! - 6/15/20. My card meets the theme interpretation to use sparkle and shine on your card. I used the inspiration picture challenge with its soft yellows, vanilla & white colors and the sparkly gold embellishments. I have all these colors, plus gold foil and gold foil edged flowers.
6) MMTPT610 - Teapot Challenge/ Covered - 3/17/20. I'm playing my "Challenge Catch-up cardmaking with a birthday card for a dear friend. The challenge says to be inspired by a book cover you've read or plan to read. Here is the book cover: The Secret Language of Flowers. I bought this book as a housewarming gift for my daughter. It's a great coffee table book and I knew she would enjoy the lovely pictures and history of how flowers came by their meanings.
7) SC787 - Sketch Challenge - 2/5/20. Sketch adjusted: Rotated sketch to horizontal...replaced three hearts with sentiment banner.
F4A499 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Fall Blooms! - 9/13/19. Though this card seems a cheerful spring bouquet, it also fits for fall because of its colors...yellows, gold, orangey corals, and purples. The challenges asks you to select a large flower image with add fall colors.
9) IC701 - Inspiration Challenge/ Great Big Canvas - 5/11/19. I found this inspiration in the flowers and colors of this picture: Spring Partners Wall Art.
10) FS623 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ ArtzadoniStudio aka Lori Macedone - 1/13/19. It was fun to browse Lori's gallery. I love her often abstract style. I chose her flower bouquet card to CASE: TLC661 Sunflower Bouquet. I chose this card for its flower theme and color scheme. I kept the horizontal flower display and color shades, but used die-cut and fussy-cut flowers instead of stamped and ink sponged flowers. I changed the sentiment from Thanksgiving to birthday celebrations and added more mat layers, including gold foil.
11) WT677 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ 3-D Paper Piecing - 3/1/18. I fussy-cut the largest bloom to add another layer of flowers.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up Products: Papers--Basic Black cs, Gold Foil, Very Vanilla, Whisper White. Kit--Made to Bloom (retired Occ. 2019). Artistry Blooms sequins (2020-21 Annual). Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Other Products: Reverse Confetti "Beautiful Banners" sentiment. MemoryBox "Stitched Country Borders." Cottage Cuts Stitched Ovals dies. Spellbinders--Lacy Ovals dies. Colorbox Chestnut Road ink (edge distressing). Chatterbox verse. Fussy-cutting. 3-D Paper Piecing. Size: 4-3/4" x 6".
Registered: May 26, 2015 Location: Oregon Posts: 5116
Sat, Apr 24, 2021 @ 7:41 PM
You always amaze me with your multiple challenge creations! I'm honored to be part of your inspiration and I love your interpretation. I have a ton of challenges to catch up on too and will have to start compiling and combining my list. May my brain not explode!