This card is the last of my very belated first birthday card for a granddaughter. This one's for my almost 17-month youngest granddaughter. She didn't get her first birthday either...Grandma had no mojo, as it flew out the window when COVID flew in! But, it was finally returned and Evie's card is completed and delivered for her keepsake box as well.
Playing my SCS "Challenge Catch-Up" cardmaking, I found 13, mostly old challenges for the making of Sienna's card, as follows:
1) AOCC21 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ March 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! This is a belated birthday card much needed and delivered in March...almost six months late!
2) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ March 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! I borrowed an old die set of a friend + used old patterned papers, dies, and tulle in my stash. The paper was actually from a free booklet of papers that came with a Cardmaking magazine purchase over 5 years ago. I had not used one piece of paper and they were all vintage prints...can you believe that!
3) ABC14W23 - Alphabet Challenge/ W = WOW! - 3/24/21. My "WOW" is the sweet little ballerina, who required a lot of modifications, fussy-cut designing of body parts, and Copic coloring. She even a tulle netting ballerina skirt added! What a FUN card to make, and I was thrilled with my end results after I totally changed up how she was put together. My granddaughter's have all LOVED their cards!
4) SC839 - Sketch Challenge - 2/3/21. Sketch adjusted: The #3 + #4 square panels were changed to ovals. My #5 heart element was moved from the bottom left to the top right.
5) WORD1020 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--October 2020/ Masquerade! - 10/15/20. My card meets the theme interpretation to make a card with a face as masks are paper faces. I chose the WORD Challenge within the Theme, which is HIDE. My elements used to fit the letters are: H=hair, heart; I=image; D=die-cutting; E=eyelashes, embossing (heat...on balloon to give it a glossy sheen).
6) S2S20OCT - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Colour - 10/1/20. Challenged to make at least 5 cards that support the theme. This is my fifth and final card. It challenges you to find a color(s) that inspire you to make a card.
7) F4A549 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Girl Time! - 8/28/20. Feature a girl or gang of girls on your card.
WT807 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Lovely Lace - 8/27/20. Add lace to your card...your choice what type...stamped, die-cut, fabric lace, etc. I chose a die-cut lacy frame.
9) MMTPT608 - Teapot Challenge/ You've Been Framed - 3/17/20. I'm playing catch-up challenge for my granddaughter's belated birthday card. My card includes a frame to host the little ballerina.
11) MIX309 - Mix-ability Challenge/ At Face Value - 12/28/18. I have used a face on my card as the challenge required. Mediums: Copic markers, tulle netting, Wink of Stella/ Clear, Clear Heat Embossing (balloon).
12) FS618 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Hawaiian aka Victoria (Vickie) - 12/19/18. It was a delight to browse Victoria's gallery. I chose one of her silhouetted fairy cards to CASE: Hawaiian_Fairy Kisses Shy-Shy. I chose this card for its lovely pink blossoms and the little fairy, which suited a girly card. I kept the pink flower idea, but used a patterned paper instead of paint and I changed her deep blue to turquoise. I changed the layout completely, didn't use any paints, changed the fairy to a little ballerina and added a balloon and birthday sentiment. I love Victoria's signature fairy cards!
Ingredients: SU cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, Whisper White. ColorBok Glitter Paper: Glacier Springs/ White. Patterned Paper: Raspberry Road Design by Susan Darter--Mini Roses/ Stripes. Recollections: Turquoise Foil. Cote'dinations Sparkle cardstock: Fashionista. Bubbley White Shimmer Paper. Spellbinders dies: Floral Ovals, Petite Ovals Large. Lawn Fawn die: Party Balloons. MemoryBox die: Varsity Numbers. Autone die (Amazon): Balloon Message Strings (happy birthday cutout/ sentiment). Turquoise Glitter tulle (stash). Wink of Stella/ Clear. Offray ribbon: Turquoise Organdy. SU: Pearl minis. Size: 4-3/4" x 6-1/4".
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario, Canada Posts: 49873
Fri, Apr 09, 2021 @ 6:33 AM
Carlene, this card is adorable! First of all, my favourite colour is turquoise. I absolutely love what you did with the tulle skirt and die cuts. I had thst background paper in my stash too, and made a mini Easter basket with it. All areound gorgeous and your grandaughters will cherish these cards in days to come.
"Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land." Psalm 85:9
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66685
Fri, Apr 09, 2021 @ 6:50 PM
This is absolutely the sweetest card and I just love that tulle on the ballerina outfit/tutu. What a perfect card for your granddaughter. She is sure to love it and want a tutu just like it someday.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda