This card is a very belated first birthday card for my granddaughter Sienna, who will be turning two this month. I was away right up until her first birthday, and I had no time to make a card then, but I promised my daughter that I would not forget to make her a card for her keepsake box. Then, COVID happened and cardmaking creativity went out the window when it came in! So, I am finally getting to keeping my promise.
Playing my SCS "Challenge Catch-Up" cardmaking, I found 13, mostly old challenges for the making of Sienna's card, as follows:
1) AOCC21 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ March 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! This is a belated birthday card much needed and delivered in March...a year late!
2) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ March 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! I borrowed an old die set of a friend + used old patterned papers, dies, and tulle in my stash.
3) S2S20DEC - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Birthday Cards - 12/3/20. We are to make at least 5 cards that support the theme.
4) ABC14C3 - Alphabet Challenge/ C = Children - 10/21/20. A sweet little ballerina for a sweet little granddaughter!
5) CT1020 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--October 2020/ Masquerade! - 10/15/20. My card meets the theme interpretation to make a card with a face as masks are paper faces.
6) F4A544 - Free 4 All Challenge/ High Fashion - 7/24/20. Feature a type of clothing or footwear on your card and add embellishments. My little girl shows off ballerina clothing with a beautiful gown and ballerina slippers, much embellished upon.
7) MIX341 - Mix-ability Challenge/ Got Fiber? - 8/9/19. My card feature tulle netting for my fiber. Mediums: Copic markers, tulle netting, Wink of Stella/ Clear.
MMTPT570 - Teapot Challenge/ Face Time! - 6/25/19. I'm playing catch-up challenge for my granddaughter's belated birthday card. My card image includes a human face as required by the challenge.
9) SC741 - Sketch Challenge - 3/20/19. Sketch adjustment: My three card layers are included on all sides, not just the right side.
11) CC716 - Color Challenge/ The Melon & Pear were Blushing - 12/4/18. Challenged to use colors similar to Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, and Blushing Bride. There's lot of the pinks, but you may have to look hard for the bit of green...in the balloon pattern!
12) FS606 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Her Gallery is Growing & Glowing! aka Preethisc - 916/18. It was a delight to browse Preethi's gallery. I chose this card to CASE: Birthday Balloons. I chose this card for lovely soft pink and its birthday theme. I kept the color scheme and its theme, plus I used a balloon, but I changed the layout complete, didn't use any inking or stencils and added a little ballerina, patterned and textured papers. I loved her card and its beautiful bokeh technique!
13) WT704 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Labor Day Week in the U.S. - 9/6/18. Make a card featuring some type of job. My card features a ballerina...a job any little girl would aspire to have!
Ingredients: SU cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White. ColorBok Glitter Paper: Glacier Springs/ White. Little Yellow Bicycle Patterned Paper: Baby Safari Girl--Pink Floral/ Girl Small Squares. Bazzill: Hot Pink Foil. Gemstone Shimmer Cardstock: Rose Quartz. Spellbinders dies: Floral Ovals, Petite Ovals Large. Lawn Fawn die: Party Balloons. MemoryBox die: Varsity Numbers. Savvy die: Happy Birthday cursive. Rose Glitter tulle (stash). Offray ribbon: Hot Pink Organdy. SU: Pearl minis. Wink of Stella: Clear (hair sheen). Size: 4-3/4" x 6-1/4".
Registered: December 30, 2017 Location: arizona Posts: 718
Thu, Apr 08, 2021 @ 7:22 AM
adorable and will be looked at over the years with much appreciation! good for you to get back to it : ) I am having a foil moment, myself, with the S U pink foils. super cool use of the die in the skirt, not sure how you attached, but i will go to your blog. tfs, Teresa
------------------------------ Teresa in AZ
"my idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance" Erma Bombeck