This card is for my oldest son who celebrated his birthday the first week in March. He was on the KETO diet, so he wanted to say, "NO," to cake...can you imagine?! I found it is now possible to purchase KETO ice cream, so we made an ice cream birthday cake. He didn't have to say NO to cake AND he had candles! (We covered the cake with saran wrap for blowing...no COVID at this outside, masked, social distancing party!)
Playing my SCS "Challenge Catch-Up" cardmaking, I found 12 challenges to fit, as follows:
1) AOCC21 - All Occasion Card Challenge/ March 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge encourages you to set goals ahead for each month to complete and mail your cards timely! This is a March birthday card needed and delivered on time!!
2) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge/ March 2021 - Ongoing Annually. This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new items purchased but seemingly forgotten...never opened or used! I used all new and unopened items: an unopened 2018 stamp set, a 2019 cupcake framelits set, and old 2018 embellishments and ribbon.
4) ABC14M13 - Alphabet Challenge/ M = Masculine - 1/13/21. A masculine birthday card for my son.
5) S2S21JAN - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Dreams - 1/1/21. We are to make 5 cards that support the theme. I dream of the time we can go back to our family birthday gatherings, mask-less, at a restaurant if we desire, and blowing out candles without fear of spreading the virus to one another!
7) WT768 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Go with the Grain - 11/28/19. My card sports a faux woodgrain dsp.
MMTPT571 - Teapot Challenge/ Birthday Bash! - 7/2/19. I'm playing catch-up challenge for my son's birthday card.
9) IC692 - Inspiration Challenge/ Wedgewood - 3/9/19. I found this inspiration which inspired the colors for my sentiment panel & cupcake. Paeonia Blush Set.
10) CT1218 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--December 2018/ Flea Market Flip - 12/15/18. My card's uses a recycled copper foil envelope insert from our insurance company's Thanksgiving card...too pretty to throw away!
11) FS617 - Featured Stamper Challenge/ Et in terra jex hominibus, JEXTERRA aka Jessica Kruegel - 12/2/18. This is Jessica's card that I chose to CASE: Special Blessing. I chose this card for its refinement to my sentiment/ cupcake colors. I changed the theme, style and layout completely. Loved her card and its beautiful watercolor color wash!
12) F4A406 - Free 4 All Challenge/ Into the Woods - 12/1/17. Use wood or faux wood on your card. My dsp is a faux woodgrain.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Papers--Basic Black cs, Very Vanilla cs, In Good Taste dsp. Copper Foil (saved from an envelope insert). Stamps--Amazing Life (sentiment); Dies--Call Me Cupcake (framelits), Stitched Rectangles; Inks (sponging)--Bermuda Bay, Call Me Clover, Cherry Cobbler, Melon Mango; Clear Embossing Powder; 3/8" Black Shimmer ribbon; Metallic Brads. Other: Copic Markers. Inside--Chatterbox verse. EK Victorian Corner punch. Size: 4-3/4" x 6."
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario, Canada Posts: 49714
Wed, Apr 07, 2021 @ 6:32 AM
I'm glad I read your story, because I said to myself, "Thay looks more like ice cream than cake." I love the cool colours on your ice cream, and the sentiment panel is wonderful too. Keep on dreaming gal. It's going to happen!
"Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land." Psalm 85:9
Registered: May 23, 2003 Location: Ontario, Oregon Posts: 9248
Wed, Apr 07, 2021 @ 7:40 AM
Cute card and fun story to go along with it! I really like the motley sponged background you made for the sentiment panel and the cupcake topping. The wood pp adds a nice masculine feel to this fun card.
Registered: November 7, 2009 Location: Sacramento Posts: 30548
Wed, Apr 07, 2021 @ 8:59 AM
What a fun birthday card for your son. My DH, also a David, says no to cake and yes to pie so we have birthday pie for him. I like your colorful icing on the cupcake (as well as the background for your sentiment). Very fun!