I started out using two scraps of alcohol ink background where one was mostly blues and "sky" like, while the other was shades of green like the ocean. These were left overs from other projects, so I cut them to make a 4"x 5-1/4" background.
The gear die was used to cut a corner piece from both gold and silver metallic cardstock. I glued these to the upper right and lower left corners of the background.
My idea was to show how the world is inter-connected, so I stamped a globe using Versamark onto tan cardstock and dusted one with silver and the other with gold embossing powder, then heat set to make them glossy. Then die cut them with a circle die that was just a bit larger in diameter than the globes. I then glued the top part of the silver globe to contrast with the nearby gold gears, and the lower part of the copper globe for the bottom. The gear "fingers" were created by snipping around the circle to the globe image, then snipping out every other "finger". I die cut three additional smaller circles and glued them to the back of the globe to make it have dimension.
Because all steampunk images need some organic features, I cut a golden butterfly out of pattern paper for the sky. For the "ocean" I stamped a fish using black ink, then colored it with Copic markers. To make them look more steampunk, I cut some gear centers out of the leftover silver gear die cut and glued them to the butterfly's head and the fish's eye. Both were made shiny by adding Ranger Glossy Accents. I liked how the gear spokes for the butterfly made it look like she had mechanical silver antenna. The butterfly was mounted with a rolled up glue dot, and the fish was mounted with adhesive foam strips.
I am rating the difficulty level of this card as a "4" out of a possible "5" because of all the extra planning and experimenting required to "get out side my safe zone" for the challenges. I think I easily met all three challenges requirements!!!
Date: Saturday, March 20, 2021 GMT Views: 275