This card is for a dear friend and cardmaking buddy's birthday. To lift her spirits and mine during this glum COVID pandemic, I thought we might both be in the mood for something lighthearted and whimsical. These Little Ladybugs are perfect for her, because she loves to garden and ladybugs love to give you an aphid-free garden!
I've been using card kits to motivate my cardmaking, and it seems to be working. I can never make kit cards as they come pre-designed. Inevitably, it sparks ideas that I think will make the card better or will change it to be more me! Once an idea is sparked, I can't resist, and I just have to try it out! This, of course, was the whole idea around getting some kits to get me back into my craft room.
I have a Stampin' Up 2020 Sale-A-Bration freebie card kit that I haven't used the darling red kerchief patterned paper and thought it would be perfect for these little ladybugs. The finished card is entirely my own alternative design, and I even got in some Copic coloring!
Playing my "Challenge Catch-Up" cardmaking, I found 13 challenges that these little ladybugs would fit, as follows:
1) ABC14Q17 - Alphabet Challenge/ Letter Q = Quadruple - 2/10/21. My card depicts 4 (quadruple) panel layers: black, red pattern, red, and white.
2) S2S21FEB - Stamp 2 Save (aka Stamp 2 Support One Another)/ Sending Sunshine - 2/1/21. These wee bitty ladybugs are sending birthday sunshine and happiness to a dear friend and cardmaking buddy.
3) AOCC21 - All Occasion Card Challenge - 2/1/21 (annual/ ongoing). This challenge gives you a choice of any card theme needed for the month...you set your own goals to complete and mail your cards timely and to hopefully give you incentive to get it done! A birthday card needed and mailed!!
4) USEIT2021 - Use It Challenge - 2/1/21 (annual/ ongoing). This challenge requires you to use old, long unused items gathering dust and/or new/old items purchased (quite awhile ago) and never unpackaged/or used! I used a new/old stamp/ die set, Little Ladybug, that's been waiting to be unwrapped since January 2020! I also used the red kerchief paper from January 2020 Kerchief Card Kit.
5) F4A545 - Free 4 All Challenge/ It's My Birthday (Soon)! - 7/31/20. Though the sentiment says "Thinking of You" the inside verse continues with "Because it's your birthday!" The inside of the card with its verse can be seen by clicking the link to my blog at the bottom of this page.
6) MIX368 - Mix-ability Challenge/ Opposites Attract - 2/14/20. My complimentary color opposites are red and green. My mediums are: Copic Markers and Stamping Ink.
7) SC780 - Sketch Challenge - 12/25/19. I moved the sketch sentiment oval from the right side to the left side and changed its shape. I added decorative die-cuts to the top of panel layer #3.
CT0519 - Fan Club Monthly Theme--May 2019/ Memories & Milestones - 5/15/19. Memories from childhood...Ladybugs were always fun bugs to play with. I remember catching them and keeping them in a jar with grass and twigs...too bad I didn�e(TM)t add aphids too!
9) WT735 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ Forget the Mower - 4/11/19. The wee ladybugs are residing in the grass required for this challenge.
10) FS616 - Featured Stamper/ The Cow Whisperer aka Michele Wright - 11/25/18. This is Michele's card that I chose to CASE: Little Lady Bug Wobble Card! I kept Michele's ladybug theme and the idea of the 4-panel layers. I changed my card to a birthday card from her encouragement card. My layers are more like a larger picture frame mats under the smaller center may layers; whereas, Michele's layers are more evenly spaced. I added a patterned paper for the background look, and place my die-cut/ colored "scene" on the smaller layers to form the "picture." I also added one more ladybug, a grass die-cut, framed my sentiment, and offset it on the top layer.
11) CC708 - Color Challenge/ A Real Garden Grows Saffron (So Saffron, Real Red, Garden Green) - 10/9/18. I used these colors and added neutral colors black and gray.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66438
Fri, Feb 19, 2021 @ 6:37 PM
Such cute little ladybugs and love the designer paper. Great card for a gardener.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda