In one of my bottles (see my gallery), I filled it with altered popsicle sticks. Each stick has an inspirational quote. I had a few people ask what the popsicle sticks were for. Well, when I made these bottles, I had a scrapbooker, in mind, as the recipient. You could take the popsicle sticks and add them to a layout, giving the layout added dimension and interest. You could, also, remove the ribbon, add a jump ring, and string more chain and charms to it. Or, you could just leave them in the bottle and pull them out, if you needed inspiration, once in a while. Thanks for looking! ~Ethel~
**********QUICK INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW I MADE THESE ***********
Basically, I used the *large* size popsicle sticks which I bought from WalMart.
1) Open MSPowerPoint or Word (or Publisher). Use the text box option (for Word, you just start typing), and create / type your quotes. Make sure there is at least a 3/4 inch space between the quotes (above and below). Print your quotes on patterned paper.
2) Take your popsicle stick. Center it over the quote and trace around it.
3) Distress the edges of the sticks with chalk ink (I used Colorbox Chestnut Brown.... the cat eye ink pad).
4) After the ink dries, lay down mod podge on the stick, and then stick your cut-out quotes over the glue.
5) After it dries, you can use your Crop-A-Dile or a drill, and punch a hole on one side of the stick. Thread your ribbon, fibers, chains and charms to finish off your project.
Date: Saturday, June 17, 2006 GMT Views: 3729
Registered: March 31, 2006 Location: Bonaire, Georgia Posts: 1938
Sat, Jun 17, 2006 @ 7:12 AM
So creative! I just donated a box of craft sticks (popsicle) that I have had for years to a sheltered workshop for a garage sale! Now, I'll just have to go & buy some more! I had a feeling I was making a big mistake donating them! Aargghh!!