I'm also adding it to the Alpha challenge for Dark.
The BG panel was made using alcohol inks and alcohol blending solution and lots of plonking and dabbing. I love the effect these inks give even if I end up as though I've been on the plonk after I've used them. Must wear a mask next time LOL.
I saw a Youtube video recently where a lady did some silhouette stamping on alcohol inks so I wanted to give it a go and especially as this challenge was to use a silhouette. My Lavinia stamps are perfect and I love fairies. Perhaps as I'm in my own little dreamworld quite often *wink*. I had taken note that archival or Stazon ink was to be used. What could go wrong.....
It was after I had cut my yellow CS and noticed that it was covered in black ink, as were my hands, that I noticed some of my circles had disappeared from my card. Restamped them again and I saw that part of my fairy's body seemed to be disappearing and some of the fronds. I thought maybe I had used the wrong ink which wouldn't have surprised me but nope, archival ink it was. I rewatched the video and thought perhaps I should let it dry. I have...for about 3 days and still some ink is starting to rub off. I think I will have to seal it unless someone has some tips.
Back to my technique....if you can call it that LOL...added stickles in the circles and fronds and sticker and liquid pearls and done.
I do love the effect but I'm now worried that by the time it gets to its destination in due course there may only be stickles and liquid pearls and no fairy left LOL.
TFL. Happy day and come and play in the challenge and if you try this, let me know how yours turns out.
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2020 GMT Views: 301