My birthday stash was looking pretty paltry, and I needed to replenish it before the many spring and summer family birthdays started to rear their Ã¢eoeuglyÃ¢e heads! I had decided to enter into the card kit realm to see what it was all about, as my cardmaking mojo flew out the window with Covid-19.
I purchased a card kit in early 2019, Made to Bloom, from the StampinÃ¢e(TM) Up Occasions catalog that I had not even opened to see if all the pieces were there. I decided to start there. With this card kit, the cards will definitely be for female recipients because it is filled with ready-made floral die-cuts.
Continuing my efforts in challenge catch-up, I investigated old and new challenges for ideas on a card of my own idea. Once my mojo began to perk, I found 11 challenges my card design would fit if I tweaked it a bit here or there. Here is my list of challenges to enter:
1) S2S20JAN Ã¢e" Stamp to Save (aka Spend to Stamp) Challenge/ Choose a Stamp Set and Make Five Ã¢e" 1/3/20. I am using the stamp set that came inside the Made to Bloom Card Kit to make my five cards. This is the first.
2) AOCC20 Ã¢e" All Occasion Card Challenge Ã¢e" AnnualÃ¢e"1/1/20. This challenge allows you to choose your card theme and set a goal for each month on how many you will need. This card is one of my many female birthday cards needed. I plan to use it in August for my daughter-in-lawÃ¢e(TM)s birthday.
3) USEIT2020 Ã¢e" Use It ChallengeÃ¢e"AnnualÃ¢e"1/1/20. This challenge requires you to use items long unused and gathering dust...old, old or new, old. New/ old would be items purchased over a year ago and never unpackaged and used! This card uses an old, new card kit and some old, old papers added to the design.
4) DDSKETCH0519 Ã¢e" SCS Dirty Dozen Monthly Themes Challenge/ May 2019Ã¢e"Memories & Milestones Ã¢e" 5/15/19. My card fits the theme as a special birthday card for a special daughter-in-law and is using the Sketch Challenge. I tweaked the sketch a bit as I went along to better fit my emerging design.
5) ABC11A1 Ã¢e" Alphabet Challenge, Round 11/ Letter A Ã¢e" 3/6/19. My letter A is for the yellow anemones. I did not play the Double Challenge option.
6) F4A469 Ã¢e" Free 4 All Challenge/ Orange You Glad You DidnÃ¢e(TM)t Say Bananas Ã¢e" 2/15/19. My orange is a red-orange shade instead of a pale pumpkin shade. I did note that I could have said bananas because I used yellow anemone flowers as well!
7) MIX311 Ã¢e" Mix-Ability Challenge/ EOINA: Everything Old Is New Again Ã¢e" 1/11/19. Use old stuff from you cardmaking stash, plus at least two mediums. IÃ¢e(TM)m using an old early 2019 card kit that I never even opened to see if all the parts were there! My card is my own design using card kit parts and some old patterned papers from my stash as well. My two mediums are: stamping ink (sentiment) and Copic markers (colored pearls).
MMTPT543 Ã¢e" Teapot Challenge/ Birthday Celebration Ã¢e" 12/18/18. My card is a bright and beautiful birthday card, as required by the challenge.
9) IC644 Ã¢e" Inspiration Challenge/ Carlyle Avenue Ã¢e" 4/7/18. I found two items to inspire my card...one for color and the other for its flowers and shape. Here are my links: for color: Frosted Powder Glass Candle Holder and for flowers/ shape: Wood Shaving Wreath
10) FS579 Ã¢e" Featured Stamper Challenge/ VisaVisa aka Denise Storck Ã¢e" 4/7/18. I chose DeniseÃ¢e(TM)s 2/24/18, Dear Mom card. I was inspired by the flowers, color, and the general layout look: Deer Mom
11) SC664 Ã¢e" Sketch Challenge Ã¢e" 9/27/17. Here is a link to the sketch: Sketch 664. I tweaked the sketch a bit by changing the horizontal oval to a vertical oval; added an edging to the oval (inverted scallop); and moved the horizontal band up and shortened it, adding double fishtail ends.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up: "Made to Bloom" Card Kit parts--Calypso Coral dsp, yellow/ foil die-cut floral (fussy cut to size). Papers--Whisper White cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer, 2018-2020 Subtles Color Collection dsp/ Blushing Bride Lattice. Ink--Blackberry Bliss. Pearls (Copic-colored). Other: ColorBox Cat Eye--Chestnut Road ink-distressed edges. Size: 4-3/4" x 6".
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66690
Tue, Sep 15, 2020 @ 6:46 AM
Beautiful card for your spring and summer birthdays, Carlene. Those flowers and colors will sure brighten a day.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda