This was my first attempt with the lift off ink. It's been sitting in my stash for at least a year. Had thought about die cutting but left it be. After getting good results with my mermaid, I decide to try the lift off ink again. I could faintly see the leaves and was able to position the stamps over the previous image. I inked and stamped at least four times to get this clear of an image. I was pleasantly surprised to have it work after sitting so long! The script dp and ribbon were sitting on my desk, liked the combo with the fall colors. I split the panel, adhered to a kraft cardbase and inserted the script dp in the middle after wrapping with the copper mesh ribbon. Die cut the leaf from the copper and brown and tied to the ribbon. Finished it with a die cut loopy birthday greeting. TFL
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020 GMT Views: 268
Registered: February 27, 2007 Location: Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 16316
Thu, Jun 04, 2020 @ 11:10 AM
Just super! I've had good luck with creating a fairly random ai background, brayering a layer of the lift ink and putting on a piece of cardstock to lift the ink. You get a similar background to the original but you can easily stamp on it.
------------------------------ Jean Bean the Dancing Queen "You can play a shoestring if you're sincere." -John Coltrane
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 111078
Fri, Jun 05, 2020 @ 8:05 AM
Oh, you give me encouragement to try again. I gave up. I've die-cut some of the pieces I tried, others I've wiped the ink off and just used again. I think those leaves look fab - almost like fossils. Such a lovely die-cut leaf to pair with them.