Here is another 2019 Christmas card that I am finally finding time to upload! I checked SCS challenges in my effort to play "catch-up challenges" and found my card fits 11, listed below:
1) FS671, Featured Stamper challenge - "There's More to Love Than Paper" - Lisa aka lovinpaper. 12/15/19. This is her card that inspired me: Sweet Christmas Candy Canes.
2) AOCC19DEC, All Occasions Card Challenge - 12/1/19. This is one of the many Christmas cards I need for this month.
3) CCC19DEC - Christmas Card Challenge - "Christmas is Coming!" 12/1/19. This is one of my Christmas catch-up cards.
4) IC730, Inspiration Challenge - "Christmas Ornament Board" - 11/30/19. My inspiration came from the candy canes in this photo...Candy Cane Ornaments.
5) SCSCCMAR19, Fan Club Christmas Card Challenge, "Stripes to Staffs" - 3/15/19. I thought stripes to candy canes.
6) MMTPT551, Teapot Challenge, "Bring Your Own Cup to the Party!" - 2/12/19. My Christmas cup is full of hot chocolate with a candy cane stir stick.
7) WORD0119, Fan Club Monthly Themes--January 2019, "Winter Woods" - 1/15/19. I chose to feature wood in a woodgrain texture added with an embossing folder to my card front background. The items used on my card that fit the WORD challenge, PINE are: P=patterned paper; I=ink distressing; N=neutral colored cardbase and layer (Kraft); E=embossing folder, embossing powder (clear).
F4A464, Free for All Challenge, "Let's Eat!" 1/11/19. I'm featuring a cup of Benchwarmer Christmas Hot Chocolate...a delicious concoction with added Bailey's, peppermint shavings, whip cream, and hot chocolate!
9) SC726, Sketch Challenge - 12/5/18. See the sketch here: Sketch #SC726.
10) MIX270, "Upcycle," 3/30/18. Use leftover bits and pieces from other projects. I used ribbon pieces, and papers pieces on almost all parts of this card, except the cardbase and layers. My mediums are Clear embossing, inks for edge distressing and stamping, and Copic markers to add a bit more color on my die-cuts.
11) WT661, Ways to Use It Challenge, "Mmmm, Food! A cup of Benchwarmer Christmas Hot Chocolate...a delicious concoction with added Bailey's, peppermint shavings, whip cream, and hot chocolate!
Recipe Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstocks--Shimmer White, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red. Ink--Gumball Green. Stamps--Cup of Christmas (2019 Holiday/ p. 34). Dies--Cup of Cheer (2019 Holiday/ p. 34), Stitched Circles (1-7/8"), Labels Collection (retired). Embossing Folder--Woodgrain. Ribbon--3/8" Shaded Spruce, Gold Metallic, 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle (halved), 3/8" Red Cotton. Other: Recollections--Kraft. May Arts--Hemp Twine. Christmas Cane Striped dsp--unknown. Ink Distressing--Colorbox Chestnut Roan. Paper Technique: Clear Embossing for Sheen. Size-A6 = 4-1/2" x 6-1/4."
Registered: December 4, 2010 Location: Minnesota Posts: 16519
Thu, Apr 02, 2020 @ 5:57 AM
This is such a fun Christmas card Carlene. I love the colors you added to the poinsettia detail in your cup of cheer, and I love your use of washi tape here. The light wood grain background really sets off your cluster of images so very nicely and kind of reminds me of Santa's sleigh too. Fun! ~Karen.