This took a few tries for me to get it right. I paper pieced the fishbowl fish and treasure chest (though it doesn't show much.)
I used a sturdy window sheet and first tried Stampin' Up's Tear and Tape, reinforced with single sided tape around the edges. It leaked where the Tear and Tape seams were--I was asking this tape to do something it wasn't made to do.
Then I tried Crystal Effects around the edges, but it didn't dry and mixed with the ink rather quickly.
The thing that did work was Red Liner Sticky Tape. I still reinforced the edges with single sided tape. My final window was a bit small, but I wasn't ready to try again, so I filled in a bit with Bermuda Bay alcohol ink.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 107955
Mon, Feb 24, 2020 @ 2:44 PM
Your fish bowl looks great! Well done with persevering. I was expecting mine to leak, I have to say, and was pleasantly surprised to find it didn't...with red liner. I overlapped it at the corners and that seemed to be sufficient.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Registered: June 3, 2016 Location: near Lourdes in France Posts: 34958
Mon, Feb 24, 2020 @ 2:57 PM
normally this doesn't leak unless you don't close your acetate or bag carefully yes that red tape is really sticky and is perfect your card is lovely and looks like a real fish bowl, pretty papers too!!