Here is Z-fold card I made for a good friend and cardmaking buddy, which was part of my Liz Thayer Totally Lovin' Christmas kits. This one I only modified a bit, though I did re-cut all the pieces to make the card closer to an A6 sizing. I changed the sentiment greeting and finished my frosted tree backing completely with a plaid inset and red backing to finish it a little more complete. I also enclosed a full plaid panel inside rather than a half and completed my own interior design and verse to hide behind the tree's topper panel.
I've missed so many challenges over the last three years with my knee and hand surgeries that I will forever be playing challenge catch-up. This card allowed me to enter 14 challenges...another milestone! There are only a few that were in the month of December, the rest are November and older, even back to December, 2017! Here they are:
1. ABC12Z14 - Alphabet Challenge - 12/11/19, Letter Z for my Z-fold card.
2. AOCC19DEC - All Occasions Card Challenge - 12/1/19...this one is for one of my many Christmas cards needed.
3. FS666 - Featured Stamper Challenge - 11/10/19 - "Alora" aka Lora. I found this card to inspire a Z-Fold card: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/1243033 (Joy Fold Organic Grace). I did change up the theme and the paper colors, but stuck with the Z-Fold.
4. S2S19RR - Stamp to Save Challenge - 11/7/19 - "Sparkle, Shimmer, Shine. Add something to make your card sparkle, shimmer, and shine.
6. MMTPT581 - Teapot Challenge - 9/10/19 - "Bingo." My bingo lineup is from top right to bottom left and includes these three items that I incorporated into my card...sparkle, plaid, ribbon.
7. SCSCCSEP19 - Fan Club Christmas Challenge -9/1/18 - "Hanging By a Needle." My pine tree is covered in glitter and ready for hanging ornaments.
8. F4A492 - Free 4 All Challenge - 7/l26/19 - "Christmas in July."
9. CCC19JUL - Christmas Card Challenge - 7/1/19 - "Stay in the House." It's too hot outside so stay inside and make a shaped or fold card. Mine is a Z-Fold.
10. USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge (old & new unused stuff) - Ongoing. My brand new stuff, never used is from this year's Christmas stamp purchases and my new plaid paper. My old stuff includes a 2017 retired sentiment stamp that hasn't been used since 2017 Christmas cardmaking.
11. WT720 - Ways To Use It Challenge - 12/17/18 - "Z-Fold."
12. DINSP1118 - Fan Club Monthly Themes--November 2018 - 11/15/18 - "Along Those Lines." My card uses the lines in the plaid paper. I used the sub-challenge from the inspiration photo. Those plaid shoes just fit right into giving me plaid idea lines.
13. CC708 - Color Challenge - 10/19/18 - "A Real Garden Grows Saffron." I used garden green ink, real red cardstock, and picked up the yellow stripes in the plaid paper for my so saffron yellow tone.
14. MIX274 - Mix-Ability Challenge - 4/27/18 - "Seeing Red." My card's primary color is RED.
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario, Canada Posts: 49660
Tue, Dec 31, 2019 @ 7:25 AM
Carlene, I just can't believe how many challenges you are able to incorporate into one card! My hat is off to you. That glitter tree is gorgeous. I love the plaid paper too and the coordinating green stamping. A beautiful card.
"Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land." Psalm 85:9
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66420
Tue, Dec 31, 2019 @ 1:52 PM
Very pretty tree and I love the plaid. Wonderful z fold card, Carlene.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda