This is one of the cards I was able to make while visiting my Mom in California. It was made for a long-time friend who is always so caring and there to give me a “pick-me-up” when I’m feeling a bit down. As per my usual plan, I visited my Splitcoaststamper Challenge List before I began to see where I might catch up on challenges missed or new ones just presenting. As a result, I have 13 challenges to enter this card into, which are listed below. I do believe this is an all-time record for me! A few are really old challenges and some are at least in 2019!
1. AOCC19NOV – All Occasions Card Challenge – 11/1/19. This challenge is meant for you to challenge yourself to keep up on the cards you need throughout the year by taking stock at the beginning of each year and listing how many cards you need to make each month for the appropriate occasions, and then try to meet your own challenge. This is a card I added to my original challenge for November…for me this seems to happen frequently. I used the bonus challenge colors for the month of November as well: Laser Lemon and Electric Lime…mine colors where Stampin’ Up cardstock that matched as close as possible: Crushed Curry and Granny Apple Green.
2. S2S19QQ – Spend to Stamp Challenge – 10/31/19 – “Celebrate Jan.” We celebrate Jan31’s birthday by visiting her gallery and choosing a card to CASE and/or be inspired by. I am using Jan’s card: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/2176917. I am staying with the flower bouquet and similar colors, but making mine a bit more vintage with more layering, and a stamped and colored image rather than die-cuts.
3. ABC12H6 – Alphabet Challenge, Round 12 – Letter H – 10/16/19. My card’s letter H focus is HUGS!
4. FS658 – Featured Stamper Challenge – 9/15/19 – “Blackbird Singing.” Features Laura aka “blackbirdcreations.” I have chosen Laura’s https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/2905735 for its color and flower bouquet theme. I did change my shades of yellow and green and added Early Espresso as well. I also changed up my layout and from a birthday to a thinking of you card.
5. TLC759 – Technique Lovers Challenge – 9/9/19 – “Coloring Mediums.” You choose the coloring medium of your choice. I chose to color an image with Copic markers. My other mediums were: chalk ink edge distressing, ink stamping, and Wink of Stella glitter pen-Clear for the berries and the yellow bloom.
6. CT0819 – Fan Club Monthly Themes for August 2019 – 8/15/19 – “Contain Yourself.” Explore three-dimensional space in imagery or creating them ourselves…shakers, boxes, vases, etc. One interpretation was to use an image of a jar, vase, etc. I used the water can as my flower bouquets vase.
7. MIX340 – Mix-Ability Challenge – 8/2/19 – “Fenced in Your Bar None.” Use an image or supply that is used to contain an area, i.e., fence, chicken wire, rope, etc. OR use your best/favorite “thing” that you do in papercrafting bar none. So, if I go out in left field, I am showing a watering can container that gathers and holds in flowers into a bouquet display…too far into left field??? I also used a favorite cardmaking technique for me…coloring images with a coloring medium…in this case, Copic markers. I don’t know that it’s my “best thing,” but it is something I really enjoy doing.
8. F4A487 – Free 4 All Challenge – 6/21/19 – “Summer!” Show on a card something you like about summer. Summer flower gardens are so pretty and there are many beautiful and colorful blooms available. Handpicked flowers make such lovely bouquets to show off in your home.
9. MMTPT561 – Teapot Challenge – 4/23/19 – “Hug-a-thon.” Humans need four hugs a day for survival, eight for maintenance, and 12 for growth. Make a card full of hugs. I made this “hugs & kisses” card for my good friend who is really good at giving hugs and receiving them as well.
10. USEIT2019 – Use It Challenge – Ongoing annually. This is a challenge to use old cardmaking stuff, gathering dust from lack of use OR use never-used, new stuff also gathering dust. I bought this “Country Home” stamp set back in January 2019, and I am inking it up for the first time for this card…10 months later! I’m also using a 5-year old stamp set for my sentiment: “Good Greetings.”
11. WT715 – Ways to Use It Challenge – 11/22/18 – “Creative Containers.” Stamp a container/ make a container…your choice. My container is a stamped watering can vase to hold my beautiful bouquet of flowers.
12. CAS482 – Clean & Simple Challenge – 5/21/18 – “Citrus.” Create something inspired by the word “citrus.” Citrus equal citrus fruit…lemons and limes…yellows and greens. I am using these colors in my hugs card.
13. IC623 – Inspiration Challenge – 11/11/17 – “Balsam Hill.” I found this https://www.balsamhill.com/p/outdoor...ge?sku=4002713 “Outdoor Enchanted Garden,” a flower-filled watering can bouquet of flowers, which was perfect to inspire using the “Country Home” stamp set for sure!
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 64162
Tue, Dec 17, 2019 @ 6:48 AM
Such lovely flowers in your container, Carlene. A record of challenges....indeed!!!! Wow, you are the queen of challenges.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda