Unfortunately, I was in need of several other sympathy cards while I was recovering from hand surgery. This is a card is for the loss of my daughter-in-law's grandmother, whose memorial service was held in late September just before my trip to visit my Mom and sister in California.
I browsed my SCS Challenge List before getting started for some thoughts and ideas, and ultimately I decided to use the same design of the sympathy card I posted to SCS on 12/10/19 but to use purple and pink. This purple one will be for my DIL.
I am also playing challenge catch-up; therefore, I will be entering this into 12 challenges...some more current, and some way back in 2017!
1. CT1119 - Monthly Fan Club November 2019 Challenge - 11/15/19 - "Play List." This challenge invites you to make your own playlist for crafting...music to play, go-to products, favorite techniques, layouts or whatever works for your cardmaking. For this card, I chose music..."Wind Beneath My Wings," which was played at this wonderful lady's funeral. Its tune and lyrics were heard in my head all the while I was making this card.
2. ABC12E9 - Alphabet Challenge, Round 2, Letter E - 11/6/19. My LETTER E is for EMBOSSING. I used both dry embossing to create the Tufted Diamond background texture, and I used white embossing powder on my "Flourishing Phrases" stamp to create the "window" pattern.
3. AOCC19SEP - All Occasions Card Challenge - 9/1/19. This is one of the sympathy cards I needed for September. I chose not to use the bonus: monthly color scheme.
4. MMTPT569 - Teapot Challenge - 6/18/19 - "Comforting Thoughts." The challenge was to create a sympathy card or a thinking of you card. My card is a sympathy card to meet challenge requirements.
5. F4A481 - Free 4 All Challenge - 5/10/19 - "Tilt A Whirl." Challenge is to use angled elements on your card. I used a diamond embossing fold to create a textured, angled background.
6. TLC724 - Technique Lovers Challenge - 1/7/19 - "EOINA: Monochromatic Stamping." Use one color of ink, cardstock, etc. and one neutral (white, vanilla, Kraft, black). I am using white as my neutral and lavender purple as my second color.
7. USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge - annual/ ongoing. You are to use old items gathering dust from lack of use or a brand new item purchased and never used, so also gathering dust. "Flourishing Phrases" is a brand new stamp purchased over a year ago and never opened.
8. MIX306 - Mix-Ability Challenge - 12/7/18 - "Put A Bird On It!" make a card with at least two mediums and add a bird to your card. My mediums are: Copic coloring markers, Pretty-in-Pink ink (oval sponging), and Wink of Stella-Clear (bird's wings).
9. WT690 - Ways to Use It Challenge - 5/31/18 - "It's All in the White Details." I incorporated white as my cardbase and textured embossed layering. I stamped the flourish with Versamark ink onto the vellum and heat set it with white embossing powder to create the patterned oval. I also added a white ribbon as an anchor for the sentiment.
10. CAS467 - Clean & Simple Challenge - 2/5/18 - "Show Me Some Heat." I heat set my oval vellum window pattern with white embossing powder.
12. FS564 - Featured Stamper Challenge - 11/26/17 = "papercrafter50" aka Andrea D. LaVigne. You have a marvelous gallery Andrea. I wish I could have "played" this challenge when published, but better late than never, hopefully! I chose Andrea's https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/2857162 card for its oval layout features, but modified to my own colors and other elements to add.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstocks--Whisper White, Highland Heather, Pretty in Pink, Vellum-Translucent. Stamps--Serene Garden (dove), Flourishing Phrases (oval window white embossed design). Dies--Crosses of Hope (cross), Layering Ovals. Ink--Sahara Sand (dove), Highland Heather & Pretty in Pink (oval window brayered coloring). Embossing Powder--White. Embossing Folder--Tufted Dynamic. Other: Colorbox--Snow Frost Glitter paper. Dies--Spellbinders Grommet Tags w/modified ends using Spellbinders Classic Triple Scallop Edges. Ribbon--Offray 5/8" Sheer Stripe, 5/8" Sheer Ruffle. Punch: EK Victorian Corners. Copic coloring--doves. Chatterbox sentiment/ verse. Size: 4-3/4 x 6 inches. (My card design was inspire by an Easter card by Dar Peterson.)
Registered: March 9, 2007 Location: northern California Posts: 781
Mon, Dec 16, 2019 @ 2:52 PM
This is such a beautiful and elegant design. I really love the embossed background and the soft colors. Even better that you used some older ribbon from your stash. I almost always use twine but ribbon was really the perfect addition to this lovely card.