I am playing catch-up challenges for most of my challenge entries. This card was finished while visiting Mom to celebrate a dear friend's birthday and fits the following challenges:
1. AOCC19NOV - All Occasions Card Challenge - 11/1/19/ This card will fill one of my November female birthday cards required. I opted not to work with the monthly color scheme.
2. FS664 - Featured Stamper Challenge - 10/27/19: "Googoobaby" aka Karen Thomas. I was inspired by Karen's "Kinda Eclectic Birthday", dated 2/19/16, for its large, colorful bloom and layout, which can be seen at this link: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=229127. I modified her design by changing the color scheme, using a stamped flower rather than die-cuts, and colored it with Copic markers, which fit the ABC challenge that I was also entering. I also used a horizontal layout rather than vertical, used a different sentiment and changed its placement.
4. ABC12G7 - Alphabet Challenge, Letter G - 10/23/19. My card features a "Golden Mandarin" peony, stamped and Copic colored for my letter G.
5. MMTPT587 - Teapot Challenge - 10/22/19 - "Showers of Flowers". The requirement was to put flowers on your card.
6. F4A500 - Free 4 All Challenge - 9/20/19 - "Spice It Up". The challenge was to make your card showing your take on Pumpkin Spice...its flavor, color, or theme idea. My card depicts the color, but I sure do like pumpkin lattes as well!
7. CAS540 - Clean & Simple - 7/1/19 - " Summer Garden". Challenge: to create a project featuring something related to a summer garden. My card features a Golden Mandarin peony bloom...such a beautiful blossom for a flower garden!
8. S2S19U - Spend to Save - 5/30/19 - "Favorite Flower". Make a card featuring a favorite flower. My card features a Golden Mandarin peony.
9. MIX323 - Mix-Ability Challenge - 4/5/19 - "Great Big Flower". The challenge is to feature a big flower blossom on your card. I think my Golden Mandarin peony will work! My mixed media elements are ink stamping, ink edge distressing, glitter pen, and Copic markers.
10. CT0219 - Fan Club Monthly Themes - February 2019 - 2/15/19 - "Friends & Flowers". Challenge: to show off your floral stamps; make a card for a special friend. This card is for a great friend of my Mom's who has become a special friend to me as well over the past eight years. We celebrated her birthday while I was visiting.
11. USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge - Ongoing throughout 2019. The challenge is to use old items in your cardmaking stash that are gathering dust from lack of use, or new items, bought but also gathering dust from never being used. My card features a stamped flower from the Stampin' Up Birthday Blooms stamp set that I had not used in over three years.
12. CC701 - Color Challenge - 8/21/18 - "A Crazed and Crushed Pumpkin the Meadow". The challenge was to use Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, and Mossy Meadow colors. My peony colors were developed by using my Copic markers to create this Golden Mandarin peony blossom.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 61513
Sun, Dec 08, 2019 @ 3:18 PM
Carlene, so great to see you uploading a card and it is most beautiful. So glad you got to play in the IC and I certainly see your inspiration. Hope you are having a wonderful December getting ready for Christmas.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My Pinterest
I'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVER
Dirty Dozen Alumni
2014 CAS Spring DT--- (Present)Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess
Registered: July 20, 2007 Location: Fergus, Ontario, Canada Posts: 48459
Mon, Dec 09, 2019 @ 6:01 AM
Carlene, this is so pretty. You certainly aced a lot of challenges with this one. I have 4 large peony bushes in my gardens, but they are in various shades of pink. I find the peach coloured ones are very interesting, but the ones I have seen are not as fragrant. So glad you are able to craft again.