Having the sketch in hand, and the requirement to use the smooshing technique, I created the wintery background using four different blue inks. I swiped the three lightest colors on a silicon craft mat, then misted with water. Then I squished the Stampin' Up! (SU) Whisper White cardstock into the beaded inks. I kept doing this, and drying with my heat tool in between each until it had color all over. Then I cleaned the mat, and swiped the darkest blue ink on the mat and misted it so I could add darker shades to the areas which didn't have much color.
After I had dried the smooshed panel, I die cut it using a dotted rectangle die, and glued it firmly to the SU Not Quite Navy card base. I put it under some books to flatten it while I went on to the next step.
Using Memento black ink, I stamped the holiday home stamp from the 2002 SU "Winter Wonderland" set onto a scrap of white cardstock. Then after it dried thoroughly, I used SU Stampin' Write Markers to color the house and its holiday decorations. I then die cut a circle around the house scene, and used a craft sponge to sponge glue all over the circle. I poured a prismatic glitter on top of the wet glue, and pressing it in, I tapped off all the loose glitter.
The scalloped matting is cut from a bluish silver glitter cardstock from DCWV. I wanted the glittery circle to set a little bit above the scalloped matting, so I used the same circle die to cut a fun foam backing for the stamped image. I glued this to the back, then glued the sandwich to the scalloped mat.
The blue banners extending from both sides of the scalloped mat are two small banners I die cut using the smallest SU "Banners" die. I used a tee-square to align them on the card, then glued the matted circle on top of them.
The sentiment was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black ink onto a scrap of white cardstock, then die cut using the die in the SU "Bunch of Banners" die set that cuts both the inside and the outside at the same time. I kept the white sentiment piece, the die cut using the same die on a piece of the SU blue foil I had used for the banners behind the scallop matted piece. They were glued down directly on the card front piecing the white inside the outside blue rim.
This card had a lot of steps, but none were very hard. I am rating the difficulty as a "2" out of a possible "5", but noting that it takes a while to make the card because of all the dies and stamp sets I used.
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 GMT Views: 132