I wanted to try out the splat technique using my chalk pastels. I decided to take a piece of an old cake, grind it down and try to dissolve it in glycerin to become more liquid. I chose the glycerin because I know it is an ingredient in blender pens which I use with chalk pastels frequently. I tried several splats on several kinds of paper. I had too much glycerin I think. It wasn't drying. So I left it overnight. This morning it was still wet. I took a bit more chalk on a sponge and rubbed it in to my best splat. Then sponged off the excess, and wiped it down. Finally got it to a stage that I liked for a background. The sketch I used had four small squares mounted in the focal area. Instead I used washi tape to divide up a single square. The image is from an old Stampin' up hostess set that I really like but haven't used for a while, colored with chalk pastels. I also used a rub on sentiment from an old SU package.
Date: Saturday, October 26, 2019 GMT Views: 234