This week's family birthday celebration is for my son-in-law, Josh, who is my youngest daughter's husband! He is away on a camping trip, so I had time to be late with his card!
I was able to use ten (10) challenges in the making of this card...some are current and some are playing challenge catch up!
1) FS662 - Featured Stamper aka Diana Gibson - 10/13/19. What a lovely gallery she has! I used the following card as inspiration to make a masculine birthday and loved the pussywillows, which I included on my card: Best Catch Masculine Card
2) IC723 - Inspiration Challenge - Cox & Cox UK.
This hanging chair picture inspired me with my pussywillows and the early colors: Hanging Chair
3) S2S19MM - Stamp to Spend (aka Spend to Stamp...that's me!) - 10/3/19...Smile. Make a card that would make someone smile...you choose the theme.
4) ABC17J4 - Alphabet Challenge, Round 12, Letter J - 10/2/19. My card is all about Josh and Josh's hiking trip.
5) MMTPT584 - Teapot Challenge - 10/1/19, Road Trip to Lakeville. My card depicts the scenery you might see on your road trip to Lakeville.
6) AOCC19OCT - All Occasions Card Challenge - 10/1/19. This challenge is to set goals on how many cards you need to make for that particular month. I have two masculine cards needed, and this is my second and final one. I even used the optional monthly color tones in this card!
7) WT758 - Ways to Use It Challenge - 9/19/19...Let's Wing It. Create a card using wings...fairies, birds, butterflies, airplanes, etc. Your choice. My card depicts little winged dragonflies swarming about a lovely habitat!
8) F4A498 - Free for All Challenge - 9/6/19...Going Buggy! Lots of interpretations for this one. I used bugs as mine. My card depicts a host of little buggy dragonflies enjoying their nature habitat!
9) MIX312 - Mix-Ability Challenge - 1/18/19...Living Coral. Use the new color, Pantone Coral, in your card. I sponged this color into part of my sky sunset colors. I also added some of the "dessert" colors: gold and tan hues. My mixed media: ink sponging, ink stamping, Copic marker coloring: pussywillows & pearls.
10) USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge...an ongoing annual challenge. My new unused items included the stamp and die set and the tag punch. They've never been used since I purchased them in June. It was time to break open the packages!
Stampin' Up Products: Cardstocks--Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Soft Suede, Naturals-Ivory (retired). Inks--Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Real Red (sky sponging/ stamping). Stamps--Friend Like You (sentiment/ dragonflies). Dies--Friendly Silhouettes (pussywillows/ dragonflies). Punch: Tailored Tag. Marker: Early Espresso (pussywillows). Mini Pearls (Copic colored). Other: EK Victorian corner punch (inside). Size: 4-3/4" x 6".
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Registered: October 5, 2006 Location: Maryland Posts: 14530
Wed, Oct 16, 2019 @ 11:31 AM
Carlene, this card will be perfect for Josh! Love how you incorporated so many challenges into one card- you are the Queen of Challenges, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at the All Occasion Card Challenge as well as the USEIT2019 Challenge- we are so glad that you play along with us. Hugs and I hope your week is blessed!