This is a birthday card for my son, Mark. I found a fun card theme from the Free 4 All Challenge...all about the little things that make life fun. I started reminiscing about all the fun times and events in Mark's life while he was growing up, which led to the memory I made him a treasure chest birthday cake, and we had a Pirates Treasure Hunt around the neighborhood to look for pirate booty...the same year that he and his sister became the cutest pirates ever on Halloween.
A check of my Splitcoaststamper Challenge List led me to finding a fit for 10 challenges!
1) F4A502 - Free 4 All Challenge, The Little Things...make life fun - 10.4.19. You are to think about the things that are fun and make you smile. See description above about how this card evolved to fit this challenge.
2) AOCC19OCT - All Occasions Card Challenge - 10.1.19. You are to state how many and what kind of cards you need to make each month, and then try to meet this goal. This meets one of my masculine cards listed for the challenge. I did not use the optional color theme.
4) FS659 - Featured Stamper Challenge, Crafty Tinker Bell aka JanTink - 9.22.19. I found this card and it confirmed that I wanted to use the layout in the sketch challenge found during my challenge search. Here is Jan's card that I found for layout inspiration, click here Easter Blessings Card
5) ABC12M1 - Alphabet Challenge, Letter M - 9.11.19. My card is all about masculine, Mark's birthday, maps to find the treasure, and Mark's the Spot!
6) SC744 - Sketch Challenge - 4.10.19. Here is the link to the sketch: Sketch 744. I moved the #6 rectangle layer to the top left of the #4/5 double matted layers rather than keeping it at the bottom right. I also shifted the #3 lower horizontal paper band lower beneath #4/5.
7) S2S19K - Stamp to Save (aka Spend to Stamp...that's me!!), Let's Get Dottie - 3.21.19. I incorporated a red/ white polka dot patterned paper on my card.
8) MMTPT552 - Teapot Challenge, Arman of Avalon- 2.19.19. Make a card that features something a 12-year-old boy would like to do or has an interest in. My card is all about a pirate's adventure. What 12-year-old boy doesn't like games or stories about pirates?
9) WT725 - Ways To Use It Challenge, Going Dotty - 1/31/19. Use dots on your card. Mine has red/white polka dot patterned paper.
10) USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge - an annual ongoing event. This challenge requires you to use items from your cardmaking stash that are gathering dust because it has been a very long time since it was used OR something you bought a long time ago and never used. My old item is the October Afternoon Treasure Map/ X Marks the Spot papers that I have had stashed for over four years. My brand new item that I've had since October 2018 and am using for the first time is the Mini Gold Tinsel trim. Love it...so sparkly!
Card Ingredient--Stampin' Up products: Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Kraft. Mini Gold Tinsel Trim (2018 Holiday). Silver stars (Copic colored red). Ink: Baked Brown Sugar (edge distressing). Other: Patterned papers--October Afternoon Treasure Map Collection/ X Marks the Spot. Echo Park: Kate Lowercase Alphabet dies. Chatterbox sentiment/ verse. Size: 4-3/4" x 6".