This card was made for Halloween for my 7 year old Granddaughter. I had bought this cute Hampton Arts Halloween clear stamp set back in 2013, and never used it!!! So now was the time. The sketch is from Try Stampin' on Tuesday, with an optional challenge to use the colors orange, green and purple.
I used Memento black ink and stamped the fancy cat onto Stampin' Up! (SU) heavy white cardstock three times using the SU Stamparatus stamp positioner. I let this dry thoroughly, then using my digital cutting machine, I scanned in the stamped image and cut it out with a .02" outside margin. I debated about cutting out the inside where the star hangs from her tail, but decided it would make the cut look to choppy.
I then colored the cat using a variety of Copic Markers (see list below) and set it aside to work on the purple background. The purple panel was stamped using the cobweb stamp from the same Hampton Art Halloween stamp set using SU Whisper White craft ink. To give it a more solid look, I again used the Stamparatus to re-stamp the webs three times. Craft ink dries slowly, so this was then set aside so I could work on the moon.
The moon was made with a technique I saw Jennifer McGuire do in one of her tutorials. I couldn't find the tutorial, but basically, you use a white piece of cardstock, and press it into several shades of yellowish brown, tan and dark brown that have been individually pressed from their ink pads onto a silicon craft sheet and spritz with water. I did this on a quarter sheet of cardstock so that I could choose which area of the design most looked like the moon's surface. Do the colors from lightest to darkest, cleaning the craft sheet between colors. I then used a small circle die and moved it around over the inked cardstock until I found an area that looked most like the moon's surface. I layered three of these moons on top of one another to raise them up a bit off the card surface.
Once the white cobwebs were COMPLETELY dry, I attached the moon using a thin foam pop-dot, and gently bowed the edges of the moon down to make the moon "hump up" in the center so it looked 3D.
I then put adhesive foam tape on the back of the cat, and mounted her so she, too, was raised off the purple panel.
Finally, the completed purple panel was glued to an SU Wild Wasabi card base.
I would rate the difficulty of this card as a "2" out of a possible "5" just because the cat required hand coloring with several different Copic markers. The coloring wasn't hard, just required patience and a light touch.
I'm sure my Granddaughter will love it this Halloween!
Date: Sunday, September 8, 2019 GMT Views: 93