This masculine birthday card is for my brother who has reached a birthday milestone well into retirement. His hobby is restoring vintage and classic vehicles, so he should be delighted with this card! Perusing current challenges and old ones to catch-up on, I came up with eight ( challenges that could easily be fulfilled.
1. IC700 - Inspiration Challenge/ "Quora" - 5/4/19. A site all about color inspiration. I chose blues and dark blues.
2. MIX327 - Mix-ability Challenge/ "It is All about TWOs" - 5/3/19. I chose 2 mediums (watercolor + Copic Markers); 2 (or more) layers; 2 (or more) colors (navy blue, gold, black, white).
3. AOCC19MAY - All Occasions Card Challenge - 5/1/19. To fulfill my one of my two masculine birthday cards needed.
5. WT721 - Ways to Use It Challenge/ "A is for Automobile" - 1/3/19. Mine is a vintage automobile.
6. SC719 - Sketch Challenge - 10/17/18. The sketch has 5 layers. I included these 5 layers, plus I added 3 more. I centered up the top panel of layers rather than its original location to the right of center.
7. MMTPT500 - Teapot Challenge/ "It's Our 500th Tea Party!" - 2/10/18. The song "500 Miles" brings to mind transportation modes of any kind.
8. USEIT2019 - old or new stuff in your stash gathering dust! Guy Greeting stamp set purchased February 2015 and Foil Acetate purchased in May 2014. The cellophane cracked open for the first time for this card!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Basic Black, Night of Navy, Gold Foil, Shimmer White. Patterned Paper--Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate (retired 201. Stamps: Guy Greetings (retired 201. Glitter Enamel Dots (retired 201. Other: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Copic Markers. Artist Loft Watercolor Pan Set (Michaels). Size: 4-3/4" x 6".
Registered: May 23, 2003 Location: Ontario, Oregon Posts: 9219
Tue, May 07, 2019 @ 12:50 PM
This is a handsome masculine b-day card. Love the WC wash background and the dee, rich tones of blue you used on vintage card and repeated in the background layers. I have had this set for many years and have never made a card with it - your card will be my inspiration to do so! Popping this into my favs and also bookmarking, so I don’t forget all the neat details.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66049
Wed, May 08, 2019 @ 5:45 AM
A super guy card, Carlene, and I like it in the blues and gold. Your brother will be smiling big when he gets this card from his sis.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda