For MariLynn's From Trash to Art MIXed media challenge.
Base was sponged with distress stain, stamped with a script stamp and edged with gold ink and EP, then white paint in places.
Main panel - before work I added two coats of gesso and one of dark blue paint to a page from a free newspaper. Once home, I stencilled the flower with modelling paste and carefully sprinkled Brusho over it while it was still wet. When nearly dry I spritzed with water. When fully dry, I went over the petals with a clear glitter pen. The background was dabbed with black DOX and spattered with white, then gold Stickles spots added. The ivy leaves were cut from a gel print. The bee was stamped on thin watercolour paper and coloured with an Inktense pencil, SN clear glitter on his wings. Not sure how I like it...I think I felt rushed making it which isn't exactly a good thing, but I don't know what stamping time I will get over the weekend. And now it's time to go down to the kitchen...
Date: Friday, November 16, 2018 GMT Views: 495