The sketch reminded me of feathers, so when I started thinking about all my stamps, I recalled the 2000 Stampin' Up! (SU) "Soft as a Feather" stamp set with a sweet nest and eggs.
The nest was stamped with Stazon Timber Brown alcohol ink onto SU Very Vanilla cardstock. I used the Stazon ink because I wanted to watercolor the next with SU dye inks, and didn't want the next image to run or smear when I painted it. The painting was done with two SU retired shades (Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom) of Stampin' Write Markers for the twigs and Bordering Blue for the feathers in the nest. I wanted the nest to have an irregular, rather than a circle shape, so die cut it using the wreath die from the SU "Wonderful Wreath" Framelits Dies.
The eggs (also from the "Soft as a Feather" set) were created by inking the stamp first with Versamark (so I could emboss them), then inking with SU Not Quite Navy ink before stamping on SU Whisper White cardstock. After I sprinkled them with clear embossing powder, I heat set the egg images, and used my water brush to color them with SU Soft Sky ink. Each egg was then fussy cut with paper snips. To give them the rounded look, I used the rounded end of my Xacto Knife on the back of each egg to make it concave, then to help the egg retain the rounded look, attached a small piece of adhesive foam strip into the concaved "well". The eggs were then arranged inside the nest.
The feathers were created using the SU "Four Feathers" stamp set. I stamped them on SU Very Vanilla, Whisper White, and Smoky Slate cardstock scraps using stamps that were first inked with Versamark, then inked with either SU Smoky Slate or Not Quite Navy inks before stamping them. They were then covered with clear embossing powder and heat set to make them glossy. The feathers were die cut with their matching "Four Feathers" Framelits Dies, and attached to the 4"x 3" Marina Mist panel with Mini Glue Dots. The assembled nest was then attached partially overlapping the feathers with Mini Glue Dots on the right side of the nest's back.
The feather/nest panel was glued to the Dapper Denim card base using Tombow glue.
The sentiment was from the SU "Sassy Salutations" set and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
This card was pretty straightforward using LOTS of heat embossing. I am rating its difficulty level as a "2" out of a possible "5". I think it will make anyone smile who is not feeling at the top of their game due to health of emotional issues.
Date: Friday, August 3, 2018 GMT Views: 272