Here is my card for my Dare to Get Dirty Challenge. I wanted to make a shaker and I've never tried to make the whole front clear through to the inside, so that's what I did here. To make the front frame of the shaker, I glued aluminum foil to the cardstock and ran it through my embossing folder. Then I applied black mixative alcohol ink to the panel and rubbed some of it off with alcohol blending solution. It needed something else, so I added a bit of silver cord and a silver heart embellishment. This embellishment is actually a shoe clip left over from my sister's old shoe clips business. This one had no partner to it, so it got a new life on a wedding card.
Want to know what my challenge is? I hope you do come join us!
Dare to Get Dirty is a week packed with challenges and prizes for our Fan Club members. The event runs from August 4th to 10th, with 5 or more challenges each day... so many Dirty Girls providing inspiration for an amazing week!
You must be a Fan Club member to join in the fun - Click here for the details on how to join!
Date: Thursday, August 2, 2018 GMT Views: 332
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Black Soot and Weathered Wood
Accessories: Spellbinders Card Creator A and B dies, overhead transparency, aluminum foil, shoe clip, silver cord, black gel pen, Ranger Alcohol blending solution and black mixative, rice, glitter, WeR Precision Press
Registered: May 12, 2016 Location: NW Wisconsin Posts: 7674
Thu, Aug 09, 2018 @ 9:00 PM
Wow Jen! What a great idea to use aluminum foil for embossing. Love the antique feel of your frame and what a perfect pairing with the shoe clip embellishment on your beautiful shaker wedding card! Love it!!