Simple it may be, but gesso, mermaid markers, gel pen and DOX ink get me well covered on the mediums base.
Before work I took some BG Sugar Rush, lightly stamped the flower image on it and then added gesso.
After work I stamped the image again and coloured it with Mermaid Markers. Gel pen detail added.
Then I decided to put it in behind a circle aperture, so I cut that, cut a black matting layer and a gold frame, and a white Bazzill panel embossed after cutting the aperture.
Now it was all looking a bit flat, so I took my craft knife and cut all the petals, and added foam dots under each one so that they would be popped up...so I sponged the base card underneath to add a little contrast. Finally I added some SN clear glitter along the edges of each petal, a brad in the center, black outlines on the green panel around where the petals had been cut away, and an SU sentiment cut from the same gold card as the frame.
I'd almost, but not quite, call it CAS. It was fun to make...thanks, Dina.
Date: Friday, February 16, 2018 GMT Views: 588
Registered: July 23, 2007 Location: Syracuse, Indiana Posts: 24952
Fri, Feb 16, 2018 @ 11:54 AM
The bright, beautiful flower really pops with the lovely green print behind and the petals cut!
I have not been stamping much-busy with ministry stuff and getting ready for grandson to arrive next month, but it felt good to do a journal page today!