Some time I'd like to try the full dandelion effect. For a quick card today (housework and cooking), I used an image that I coloured in bed while I was sick a couple of weeks ago. So I just sort of swirled my toilet paper roll brush to add what I hoped would be an ethnic African look, using yellow and copper acrylics. Then I added lots of white dots with my stylus.
Now the original pencilled foreground was too light and unbalanced with the strong background, so I cut masks for the giraffe legs and stool, and used a piece of corrugated card with the corrugated edge to brush bronze and deep purple paints in for a foreground. Added more acrylic dots, edged it with a gold pen and then added it to a custom-cut black base. Finally added the sentiment (embossed with clear EP), and Glossy Accents on the balloon.
Fun challenge, Judy. I wish I would have used plain paper underneath as scratch paper instead of a draft letter, because it looks quite good too :D.
Date: Monday, February 12, 2018 GMT Views: 511
Registered: May 25, 2006 Location: So. Oregon Posts: 99885
Mon, Feb 12, 2018 @ 3:04 PM
Ooh I love that you included the cardboard brushes with the staging because, that really makes it more AH HA for me :) I love the colors of this and that texture you ended up with for the scene a lot Sabrina WOW :)