Well, I certainly didn't intend to make 4 sympathy cards. I didn't even NEED 4 sympathy cards. One was all I needed. It just worked out that way.
I needed a sympathy card for a friend who lost her mother and thought this would be a good reason to open the Rubbernecker Sketch Poppies image I had purchased awhile back. Let me tell you, those clear stamps really spoil you. I knew the 2-step stamping was not intended to align perfectly. But I was having a dickens of a time getting even close no matter which one I stamped first. So, after several failed attempts, I decided to give up on the solid stamp and just use the outline and color it in myself - with watercoloring. Or Copics. (You can see where this is going....)
In the end, I had both the sympathy card I needed and 3 more to have in my stash for when I need such a card in the future.
The blue/green ones were colored with Copics and the coral ones were watercolored using Distress Oxides (Candied Apple and Fossilized Amber). I was surprised to find that, if you didn't put too much water with your brush, the Diamond Bling Bazzill actually did just fine with the watercoloring.
To assemble the cards, I put a piece of heavy watercolor paper under my focal panel for a little dimension.
Date: Friday, February 9, 2018 GMT Views: 552